Using Steams built-in "Change Install Folder" function...

cjc75

So on Steam, clicking Properties under Fo4 on my game library and going into the Local Files tab, there is an option to "change install folder" if you have Steam set up to install games in multiple locations.

I have 2 SSD's and thuis I have a Steam folder on each SSD.

I tried to move Fallout4 to the second SSD and after it finished, I thought better of the decision thinking it would screw up all my Mods from NexusMods.

So I immediately moved it back to is original location.

I then launched the game via my NMM, and loaded up my latest save.

Everything seems to be fine, game loaded up no issues...

Except now none of my Mods appear to be working?

I kinda figured that they should, since the NMM should still see them and the game, all in their original location?

First thing I would check: Is the game back where you put it (use the file explorer and make sure it's there).

Second, Check where NMM thinks Fallout 4 is at (if #1 is ok, then NMM should agree). If NMM doesn't agree, fix that.

#3. Try disabling and enabling a standalone mod, this could get things back on track (pick something that should be at the bottom of the load order), also check that load order to make sure everything's where you want and need it to be (if you have to move something, exporting and importing it as a text file will save you time, as I have had no good luck with LOOT, though a lot of others swear by it).

4. If you have any mods exclusively through the in-game mod manager, make sure both are on the same page (load order wise), if not, more tinkering is in order.

Hope that helps. Don't forget to save your mod profile, too.