Mod compilation

tnu

i'm working on creatigng a vampirism overhaul using several diffrent aspects from Diffrent Vampirism mods. with peremission ofcrosrse. but whats the best way to take key aspects from the diffrent mods and put them togather? or examin them side-by-side because many of the mods i'm using as base arnt compatible with eachother

thats hard :/

vampire mods can be seperated in different categories: those that just change vampire powers, attributes and abilities - those that add quests and clans, and those that change the core scripts to modify sun damage and blood vials aswell as the vampirelvling...

my old mod jaysus vampire mod for example adds hoods against sundamage and drinkable blood vials... thus changing the core scripts and being incompatible with other vampire mods... if youre good at loooong texts and scripts you can try to combine the advantages of different mods that do such things...

therefore open the scripts of each mod (namely vampiresomin scripts) and merge em somehow... but this can be quite difficult....

a rally good vampire mod is still missing however, one that adds clans, quests, places and uses all the nice gadgets like blood vials and sun protecting clothes... there are clan mods but none is really the top notch mod... most are ok tho

best is to try em all out and see which aspect you like and then start working your way through the mods... youll have to learn scripting and questing for sure, models and so on are easy in comparision.

good luck

Should probably seperate the sundamage aspect from the vampire abilities. Then you can control it easier through scripting, or replace it with something more practical, like stat/skill drains durring the day.

Might also want to make the vampireageoffset to 0, and do some minor work to the default face to make it look a bit better... More like the romanticised vampire, less like Nosferatu. Atleast then the manface issue isn't as significant. Even changing the magnitude of the vampirism effect might be a good idea so that it is less likely to screw over a character. A 1 point of vamprisim will still give you the fangs and eyes, without the facial deformations.

And as usual, changing some of the dialogues so that vampirism, no matter what stage, doesn't cause people to refuse dealing or talkng with you can make the whole experience a bit more forgiving.

While you're at it, you should probably alter the scripting so that you can get vampirism again even if cured.

As far as the model for stages goes, I believe the one that makes people stronger, the more they drink is the preferred method, but maybe add something to restrict overfeeding.

well if i hear word back from AnthropG about premission to use his "deaths day bane" script in my mod that will do nicely to replace sun damege also i need to see if i can use KT's hunter's sight. and still i must ask. what is a good way to view the mods at the same time int he CS? running them at the same time wont work.

well if i hear word back from AnthropG about premission to use his "deaths day bane" script in my mod that will do nicely to replace sun damege also i need to see if i can use KT's hunter's sight. and still i must ask. what is a good way to view the mods at the same time int he CS? running them at the same time wont work.

If it's scripting, just copy the scripts to notepad. You can also write down some of the settings needed to make that script work. Beyond that, nothing, unless you feel like taking the time trying to unparent your mod from those.

Archived