International modding

Laurient

Hello,

I have an idea to simplify mod searching.

1. add a way to link a mod and their translations between them by adding a language flag in the main mod page linking to the translation (with the author permission) and a link back to the main mod in the translation page.

2. Add a filter for the language of a mod, because it begin to be difficult to find a single mod in all mod plus their translations into various language.

1. That can already be achieved and sometimes is. However, if an author doesn't want to link the translation in his mod he doesn't need to.

2. A language tag already exists but it seems users and authors don't bother tagging the files anymore.

I don't see a big problem with the translation mods being mixed into the listings - I actually like it as I may see a translation of an English language mod I have missed seeing and probably would like to have in my game. I've found a couple of mods this way that I probably would not have found otherwise.

I don't see a big problem with the translation mods being mixed into the listings - I actually like it as I may see a translation of an English language mod I have missed seeing and probably would like to have in my game. I've found a couple of mods this way that I probably would not have found otherwise.

When it comes to the point of filling up 2 pages with spam it becomes incredibly annoying and affects the site's quality. they need their own section or view toggle

Edited by uglydemon

When it comes to the point of filling up 2 pages with spam it becomes incredibly annoying and affects the site's quality. they need their own section or view toggle

I don't see how these mods are annoying or spam. Its pretty easy to read a list of mods and the translations are usually marked well enough that anyone would know they are translations.

I also don't see how it has any affect on the site quality, its a list of mods and every mod adds to the site, not takes away from it.

There are also those who also use non-english mods and translate them for their own use (I am one of them) and have an interest in seeing them. When I only want to see english mods, then I simply use a Tag Search and select english only. Pretty simple to do.

Actually, I find the site quite easy to use and to find what I am looking for without any annoyance or problems whatsoever. Its a pretty darn good site and the layout is pretty friendly when compared to other sites.