Fallout 4 - FO4SE CTD

jjb54

Okay, so I took a break from FO4. Realized that when I came back, I would indeed have to do some updates, as that is usually the case. :P

So - found that Beth updated FO 4:

Fallout 4 - V. 1.10.75.0 02/28/2018 9:38AM

Check ... so obviously FO4SE is going to need to be updated.

... Check, went and got the current version from the site today: 03/14/2018.

F4SE - V. 0.0.6.6 02/28/2018 9:06PM

Installed as per the usual for FO4SE.

CTD. So I realized that some mods are going to need be updated.

But before I go there, I was going to do the " LONG PATH " .....

So I disabled * ALL * my mods, except DLC's and updated Current Version of:

Fallout 4 Unofficial Patch. Did update that.

So, even with * ALL * mods turned off - CTD.

Even disabled the FO4UP .. still CTD.

So I tried the basic start up FO4 .. Worked just fine.

I even backed up the INI files in the My Game Directory and allowed FO 4 base game starter to redo the INI files.

I'm not sure what to do now?

It would seem, FO4SE would Launch without any mods, as FO3SE - FONVSE and Skyrim Special Edition SE all start up with * NO * mods loading.

( Ya, I checked to see. )

Thoughts?

What mods are you using that require F4SE? Keep in mind many of those mods donât have .esp/.esm files, so wonât show in your load order.

Check your plugins folder found in fallout4/data/F4SE/plugins/ and make sure those are updated to work with the latest version of fo4 and F4SE, such as place everywhere

That should more than likely solve your issues, hope this helps

What mods are you using that require F4SE? Keep in mind many of those mods donât have .esp/.esm files, so wonât show in your load order.

Check your plugins folder found in fallout4/data/F4SE/plugins/ and make sure those are updated to work with the latest version of fo4 and F4SE, such as place everywhere

That should more than likely solve your issues, hope this help

Nope that Dir is empty.

That should more than likely solve your issues, hope this help

Nope that Dir is empty.

ok, so what are you using f4se for in the first place?

i don't know enough about f4se, or scripting in general, so idk if this is the case for all mods that require f4se, but at least for the f4se mods i use, they all have a .dll file that should be in that directory- place everywhere, looksmenu, mcm, xdi, transfer settlements, etc. point is, if you don't have anything in that folder, i'm pretty sure you don't need f4se to begin with.

that's not the answer to the game CTDing on you though. assuming you have f4se installed correctly in the first place, could be an issue with file permissions or maybe antivirus problems? idk, i haven't had any issues like that though, so i wouldn't be of much help to you if that's the case.