Creating a laser rifle with a random selection of mods?

I want to add laser rifles with random mods to the super mutant's inventory.

I've found LL_LaserGun_Random_Template in the GECK. This levelled list will create a level appropriate Lasergun variant with a random selection of weapon mods attached to it.

BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW.

I don't understand how the CK chooses which mods to use.

I need to include all rifle grips but exclude pistol grips, as the supermutants cannot use the pistols.

And I can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone help?

Again, the goal is for super-mutant's to have laser rifles with random laser-rifle mods, but no laser pistols, and I can't figure out what combination of keywords and levelled lists I need to make that happen.

This is a case where it is better to use FO4Edit instead of the CK. Frankly, I only use the CK when finalizing a mod. In FO4Edit, you can see the list of leveled lists in a simpler interface.

There are a number of LL_LaserGun_* lists. I recommend you look at all of them closely. The answer you seek lies in them.

The random template level list draws directly from the weapon's Object Template. If you open up the "LaserGun" weapon entry, located at the top middle just to the right of the name (if you're using the CK) is the Object Template button. In this are the templates for all possible combination, and each template can be called by a filter keyword that leveled lists can use to call that template, and if no keyword is specified in the Leveled Lists, it will select any of the templates at random and equal chance. Hope this helps you understand.

Edited for clarity

Edited by JackRob