mods have broken game completely

papamike

Deleting Skyrim completely off your computer involves:

Deleting a couple registry keys that remain (Search Skyrim in Regedit)

Deleting the "Skyrim" folder in (c:\users\(Your PC Name)\appdata\local)

Deleting the "Skyrim" folder in (c:\users\(Your PC Name\my documents\my games)

Renderinfo is safe to delete, this file is automatically recreated when you run the game from the launcher.

That's pretty much it. Your saves crashing instantly sounds to me like a ugrids issue, however it could be a missing master from a mod you uninstalled. Could you post one of your saves so I can look at it in Wyrebash? Do you/have you used mods that add to the worldspace or affect the navmesh? These mods have caused me problems in the past, mostly dungeons refused to work unless I esmify'd them in Wyrebash.

By the way, do you use a bashed patch? Are you launching from SKSE_Loader? If that's the case have you tried launching from the normal Skyrim launcher?

Is that your complete loadorder? Could you post it from plugins.txt/loadorder.txt?

Edited by Cataxu

Could you post one of your saves so I can look at it in Wyrebash?

How do I post one of my saves?

Do you/have you used mods that add to the worldspace or affect the navmesh? These mods have caused me problems in the past, mostly dungeons refused to work unless I esmify'd them in Wyrebash.

The list on the OP is my entire mod list. I only just started playing Skyrim a couple weeks ago as I didnt think my system could handle it. Where is the location of the txt file you mentioned?

By the way, do you use a bashed patch? Are you launching from SKSE_Loader? If that's the case have you tried launching from the normal Skyrim launcher?

I have tried using both the SKSE loader and the normal launcher. Both have the same issue.

Bit more of an update. It wasnt a conflict with the horse mods as I had suspected but instead it is looking more like a SKSE error. I have managed to get the program to work when I have not used the SKSE. Obviously SkyUI doesnt work correctly unless you use SKSE.

Ive actually got it working again for a few hours last night and played a bit more with it all working. This was after another complete uninstall/reinstall. Something is getting changed at some point and breaking it though, as when I tried to play this morning it again crashed with the same bug.

I also noticed (and this might be a side issue) that Imps More Complex Needs had a buggy issue where you could not access some of the info and stats (sort of like a dead link when I attempted to click on hydration stats for example). I had Skyrim working at this point but decided to uninstall IMCN and then reinstall it, hoping that whatever bug had occurred would be fixed. Lo and behold when I tried to launch skyrim again the original bug reared it ugly head yet again.

I dont think that the IMCN bug was what caused it specifically but tinkering with the mod order/list did.

• 2 weeks later...

Had same problem. Downloaded a bunch of modes with NMM in the evening. And was getting these [WETriggerScript<(01099883)>] WARNING: OnInit() myHoldLocation[...] errors next day.

It seems NMM started to mess a bit after recent update.. Plugins.txt file for some reason contained 2 skyrim.esm entries: skyrim.esm and Skyrim.esm. Deleting the first one, solved me the problem.

P.S. Удачи.

P.P.S. plugins.txt is located at "users/"yourusername"/appdata/local/skyrim/".

Edited by MaxQuest

YES!!! That's IT!!! It was NMM! I've just intalled all mods on Scyrim 1.5.24.0.5 MANUALLY and they all works perfectly! But when I did the same in NMM the Game crashes... Waiting when problem with NMM will be solved... Damm wery good program!!!

P.S. Всем удачи...

YES!!! That's IT!!! It was NMM! I've just intalled all mods on Scyrim 1.5.24.0.5 MANUALLY and they all works perfectly! But when I did the same in NMM the Game crashes... Waiting when problem with NMM will be solved... Damm wery good program!!!

P.S. Всем удачи...

Same problem here. No mod changes at all from last time I played. Did the NMM Update and boom.....same error you have I and I cannot play.

P.S. Всем удачи...

Same problem here. No mod changes at all from last time I played. Did the NMM Update and boom.....same error you have I and I cannot play.

Problem solved for me....just changed the load order and game works again,......

Had same problem. Downloaded a bunch of modes with NMM in the evening. And was getting these [WETriggerScript<(01099883)>] WARNING: OnInit() myHoldLocation[...] errors next day.

It seems NMM started to mess a bit after recent update.. Plugins.txt file for some reason contained 2 skyrim.esm entries: skyrim.esm and Skyrim.esm. Deleting the first one, solved me the problem.

P.S. Удачи.

Thanks to MaxQuest. This solution worked for me. I suggest trying it before attempting other fixes.

Edited by zosma1

• 3 months later...

P.S. Удачи.

Thanks to MaxQuest. This solution worked for me. I suggest trying it before attempting other fixes.

I am Necro-Bumping this thread because this same issue just happened to me two days ago.

This was the solution

"It seems NMM started to mess a bit after recent update.. Plugins.txt file for some reason contained 2 skyrim.esm entries: skyrim.esm and Skyrim.esm.

Deleting the first one, solved me the problem."

THANK YOU so much for re-posting this! you definitely saved my week-end :))) ♥ ♥ ♥

Last Night I played a while (meanwhile using 65 small and big mods), then decided to uninstall a mod (enhanced character edit) - and after that, every try to load a savegame resulted in a crash to desktop. I reinstallled the mod (all with the nexus mod manager) - same crash, whatever the savegame was I tried.

Today I tried over an hour to get the error, including un- and reinstalling the complete game from steam. Nothing. Then I had the idea to catch the error-message (see attached) that only appeared for split seconds before the crash with a screenshot and now googled "Trigger Script Error 01099883".

Finally found this post of yours, searched for that PLUGINS.TXT from Skyrim, indeed found there the two skyrim.esm-entries, deleted one of them - and YES, its working again! :D

Thanks a lot!

a happy user from germany :)