This is too weird!!!

MikeMoss

Hi

This is so weird, I don't have a clue what's going on.

I have a companion based on the Mini mod that follows me around, along with Lydia, or who ever my present companion is.

You can't really interact with her, she doesn't carry stuff, but she is a good fighter.

I modified her in NPCEditor so she has a unique appearance and name, "Lyma Bean".

Several days ago I notice that she has disappeared, but another character showed up labeled "Bandit".

A female character who doesn't follow me but appears everyplace I go, and then just stands there, she will only say thing like Uh, what, etc.

I unload and reload the mod but I can't get Lyma back.

Ok, time passes and I eventually get the quest to kill Vittoria Vici from the assassins guild.

When I get to the wedding I enter and wander around trying to figure out how I'm going to pull this off.

I see a character sitting in a chair in the audience that looks just like my character Lyma.

When I walk over for a closer look sure enough it's Lyma Bean just sitting there at the wedding.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff491/nohjekim/TESV2012-04-1515-38-42-25.jpg

She will talk to me about the wedding but that's it.

While looking for someplace to shoot Vittoria from I discover the gargoyle, kill her and escape.

I turn in the quest at the assassins cave and when I exit the cave there is Lyma and Lydia waiting for me to come out.

Also the Bandit character.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff491/nohjekim/TESV2012-04-1515-39-34-59.jpg

Lyma on right Bandit on left.

Now Lyma is back following me around and the Bandit character still shows up everyplace I go and just stands there.

I guess Lyma just took time off to go to the wedding, but where did the bandit character come from.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff491/nohjekim/TESV2012-04-1515-40-25-54.jpg

It's almost like the game is haunted. LOL

Pretty weird.

Mike

Edited by MikeMoss

This is an odd one.

I could see various factional assignment errors being the culprit in regards to the companion, but the companion character should largely have no associated factions other than potentialfollowerfaction and/or playerfaction. Largely other than general NPC idles in the area they're assigned to be in when you discover them they shouldn't have any "will" of their own. So having a companion character just wander off entirely is a bit odd. Especially since it appears shes been deciding to do other things in her spare time.

The bandit situation is especially confusing. Lyma's situation could be explained by having certain town factions assigned to her, ergo if shes a member of solitudecitizens, then her appearance at the wedding makes sense...in fact if shes a member of a citizen faction, she may be following assigned citizen AI routines and the reason she disappeared is because she went to that city to pursue the AI routines assigned. But I don't see where that would create a non-hostile bandit that doesn't have the bandit faction assigned automatically and thus is completely non-hostile and isn't immediately attacked by factions that are hostile to banditfaction...which is pretty much all factions.

Quite an odd one to figure out definitely.

Hi Again

I have a couple of friends playing, one of whom also has the MIni mod.

He hasn't gotten to the quest to kill the bride yet, I'll have him watch to see if the same thing happens to him.

I posted before that I have had the Mini character go missing with other characters I'm playing, I couldn't get her to restart no matter what I did.

Even deleting the mod completely then downloading and re-installing it.

As was true this time, if I went back to an earlier save where she existed she would be there as she was originally so it wan't that the mod had quite working.

But I never did the Wedding quest so I don't know if the same thing happened.

I just never found her again.

The bandit thing did coincide with Lyma disappearing.

I also remembered that Lyma started talking about the execution after visiting Solitude for the first time,

She never talked about it until we walked in and witnessed it.

I thought that was pretty strange too.

So you may be right, somehow the original character Mini may have been created based on a character from Solitude and going there triggered her to start doing the things the original character was programs to do.

So when she got done she came back and joined my group again.

Actually pretty neat!!!

Mike

Edited by MikeMoss

Hi Again

I have a couple of friends playing, one of whom also has the MIni mod.

He hasn't gotten to the quest to kill the bride yet, I'll have him watch to see if the same thing happens to him.

I posted before that I have had the Mini character go missing with other characters I'm playing, I couldn't get her to restart no matter what I did.

Even deleting the mod completely then downloading and re-installing it.

But I never did the Wedding quest so I don't know if the same thing happened.

I just never found her again.

The bandit thing did coincide with Lyma disappearing.

I also remembered that Lyma started talking about the execution after visiting Solitude for the first time,

She never talked about it until we walked in and witnessed it.

I thought that was pretty strange too.

So you may be right, somehow the original character Mini may have been created based on a character from Solitude and going there triggered her to start doing the things the original character was programs to do.

So when she got done she came back and joined my group again.

Actually pretty neat!!!

Mike

Not actually aware of what the Mini-mod is but if a companion character is actually remarking on cell isolated events, they're a member of that cities faction.

Easiest thing to do in the CK is to open up the plugin, find your companion character under Actors>(TheirRaceType)>Female, generally you can just type in the name at the filter at the top and find them.

Then double click on their entry on the list, then in the editor tabs, click through til you get to the Factions tab. Remove anything right click on anything in the factions list other than potentialfollowerfaction/playerfaction/potentialmarriagefaction and delete it. That will remove any assigned factional AI to the NPC. Though it may also force you to reacquire the companion, so you might want to dismiss her before making any changes along these lines then save your game before doing the edits.

After doing the edits you may have to go back to where she was originally found to recruit her again.

Thanks for the information.

I'll check it out in NPCEditor I think I can do that.

This Mod Mini.esp is not the normal kind of mod, I'm just getting the hang of this so I'm not sure how this works but when you install this mod, "I downloaded it here at Nexus" you don't recruit the character.

The next time you log in she just shows up, where ever you are she runs up to you and stands starring up at you, (She's short) and after that she just follows you around.

She can summon the fire Atronachs and use a bow.

She can be injured, but doesn't die, and she can't be interacted with other then then saying some random things once in a while.

She doesn't carry anything or be told to wait or leave.

But she doesn't interfere with other companions she's just follows along and fights when you need her.

Here's the link...

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6905

I haven't gotten into the creation kit yet, that's next, I want to be able to use specific textures that I create on specific characters and I don't think I can do that in NPCEditor.

But I assume I could do this in the creation kit.

I also wonder if I can create my own voice files for the standard dialog for a specific character?

I have a very good English Female voice I can use.

I'd like to record a set of speech files.

Mike

Edited by MikeMoss