WTB Player Home - That isn't infested with bugs.

Modslave

Anyways anyone know of a good player home mod that isn't dealing with the current issues with the navmesh bug? I can't seem to find any good ones that aren't being killed by it in some way.

I don't mind having to save and reload Skyrim to fix this issue but there are larger issues with AI followers than just them suddenly deciding to stop moving. I've had an entire save chain destroyed by this navmesh bug now and I'm not really happy about it.

Issue is just about every modification of a world space or interior cell creates the problem...so its almost like we're back to the stock five vanilla houses plus the DB Sanctuary.

I'm really sorta bummed about that. I'm almost to the point of just using horse storage for storage of crafting supplies and just sticking with camping wherever its convenient.

Well there's plenty of house mods about, surely there's a few out there that don't suffer from the problems you mention. Depends on what you're looking for I suppose, the larger and fancier that mod, the more likely there could be problems.

If you're not looking for something large and that fits in reasonably well with the game, you could try my own addition, link's in my signature.

I'm not really looking for anything more than storage space and some crafting amenities but it seems like even modest houses have been kicked in the head by the navmesh bug. I've most recently been using Riverside Lodge, which is a fairly modest house which was nicely designed...but constantly bugged out companion and even horse AI due to the navmesh issue Skyrim is having atm.

I'll have a look at what you've put together, I'm a fan of lore friendly player houses, will have to see if Lydia can deal with it without turning into a statue.

surely if you already know that the main skyrim engine is at fault, then it stands to reason that any house original or modded in is going to have this problem.

There is no bug free environment anywhere in skyrim right now.

We just have to accept it until some poor guy who has been working 16 hour shifts at bethesda HQ finds the hold grail.

as said above it's a game wide bug, the only work around ( that i'm aware of) is the make it an .esm way, but as said that leads to other issues.

if you're happy to save, then reload before fast travelling to your home then any of them are suitable.

but if you want something different & lore friendly check out mine :D

Shameless plug for Urosh Yall

If you put your house interior into an .esm and then connect it to Tamriel with an .esp, you will have to touch the exterior NavMesh outside the house to link portals. Will this mean that the actors inside your house move freely but the ones outside your house get stuck?

Or are you supposed to put your exterior NavMesh edits into the .esm too? In Oblivion this was totally unsafe and would ruin the function of the mod 100% of the time and could ruin your savegame too. (Missing ground, empty landscapes, floating doors, that sort of thing.) In Skyrim, it seems that an .esm can edit an exterior space in Tamriel without breaking things, but I am still confused about how we are supposed to build mods that don't have the NavMesh bug symptoms.

so what is bad about esmifying it exactly? Just possible conflicts? Howso?

The bad thing is, if you have to change the load order of 2 mods for some reason, and 1 of them comes as a .esm, most Mod Managers won't let you load a .esp before a .esm (NMM, Wrye Bash). I'm using an older version of Mod Organizer, with it it's possible to do so, maybe it's also possible with Skyrim launcher (haven't tried that yet).

But it will definitely be a huge problem for many users, to set up their load order correctly.

If you put your house interior into an .esm and then connect it to Tamriel with an .esp, you will have to touch the exterior NavMesh outside the house to link portals. Will this mean that the actors inside your house move freely but the ones outside your house get stuck?

Or are you supposed to put your exterior NavMesh edits into the .esm too? In Oblivion this was totally unsafe and would ruin the function of the mod 100% of the time and could ruin your savegame too. (Missing ground, empty landscapes, floating doors, that sort of thing.) In Skyrim, it seems that an .esm can edit an exterior space in Tamriel without breaking things, but I am still confused about how we are supposed to build mods that don't have the NavMesh bug symptoms.

While I was working on my mod, I didn't have to touch the outside navmesh, just made edits to the interior navmesh(es). By finalzing it, the navi masterdata was updated for all necessary door teleports to make them work. The problem is, if you want to make edits to a vanilla navmesh, you can't do that with a .esm. The only solution I found, was to copy the vanilla navmesh into my .esm, give it a new RefID and flag the vanilla one to 'deleted' (in .esp). Then I made my edits, finalized it. In my further testings I was also able, to move the navi data to my .esp, without breaking the navmesh.

Sure, if you edit a exterior navmesh, it will be a vanilla one. I haven't done that yet, so I can't tell you, if it will work the same way or if it breaks the game somehow.

Anyways anyone know of a good player home mod that isn't dealing with the current issues with the navmesh bug? I can't seem to find any good ones that aren't being killed by it in some way.

I don't mind having to save and reload Skyrim to fix this issue but there are larger issues with AI followers than just them suddenly deciding to stop moving. I've had an entire save chain destroyed by this navmesh bug now and I'm not really happy about it.

Issue is just about every modification of a world space or interior cell creates the problem...so its almost like we're back to the stock five vanilla houses plus the DB Sanctuary.

I'm really sorta bummed about that. I'm almost to the point of just using horse storage for storage of crafting supplies and just sticking with camping wherever its convenient.

Not to sound rude, but you do realize that the navmesh bug affects every single plugin file simply because they are plugin files. Its not due to the modders incompetency, its really only due to bethesdas incompetency. The bug has been known about for I think a decade now and its only just now that Bethesda gets around to looking into it.