[WIP] True Lichdom - Nexus Thread # 1

delfofthebla

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not a matter of trust. i simply think it would be better to release it so others can edit it, i would edit it myself but that's besides the point! it would be a waste if it wasn't released .

I'm afraid it's not that easy.

Indeed, it is a "waste" that the work that I have done is not being released, but that's just it--it's not in a releasable state. The only part of the mod that's "complete" is the Phylactery cell that BartokTB designed. The Liches themselves, and the story surrounding them, are either non-existent, or unfinished. I have absolutely no intention of released the mod in its current state. It may be selfish of me to say that, but it's my project so I do retain that right. I do not wish to release my work in its current state and hope that some random modder will come along and "make it all work".

But perhaps you're right--it shouldn't be left to rot away.

My goal was to create a mesh of Lichcraft and The Illuminated Order. What's really lacking is the second half of the equation. The Illuminated Order was an amazingly immersive quest mod that left an impression on people that most of them would never forget. Where I currently stand, that is not something I can accomplish.

But Lichcraft was much more simple. I could accomplish that. It would still take quite a bit of work, but it's not completely impossible--I'd just have to sacrifice a lot of what I was hoping to achieve. (There's nothing saying I couldn't update the mod later though, if I ever had the time / resources)

There are three major issues with the mod right now.

1) There is no Lich model, and any attempt to create one (or use a pre-made one) will have a very large number of issues regarding equipment and animations.

Side Note: Using the dragon priest model in a manner similar to that of the dawngard DLC is possible, but carries the same issue of not being able to wear equipment (And probably dialogue, but I haven't looked into that.)

2) The Liches are not completely fleshed out, and have not had all of their core features implemented. (Or some of them retain game-breaking bugs.)

3) There is no story or any sort of implementation for the Liches. They are only accessible via console commands.

Truthfully I had been so mentally crushed over the project falling apart that I had completely given up on finishing the mod at all. In my mind, it was "It's impossible to create my vision anymore, and I'm tired. I give up." Even after the mod had dissappeared from my worries, the thought of going public with "I failed, I'm sorry." kept me from even looking at anything Skyrim related. Be that my threads, or the mod itself.

I dunno, I'm probably getting ahead of myself again. (It's a major problem of mine), but I may be willing to see what I can do about this. I should have some free time around Christmas, and I might be willing to take another stab at the mod. I wouldn't be releasing anything like I had originally hoped, but if I could manage to rummage together what I have already created--I think I'd feel better about the whole thing.

Would you please consider putting your current mod code as open source out for others to mod? Maybe someone will be able to take up the lichdom cause.

Thank you.

So how about this. As I said above, I'll have some time around Christmas. I'll try and fix up the mod and release it--whether it's as pretty as I want it to be or not. If I can't do that, I'll release everything I have, so that somebody else can finish what I couldn't.

People shouldn't get their hopes up too high on this, but it may be something to look forward to. I'm a lot more willing to make sacrifices than I was several months ago, so I think I might be able to manage this on my own.

Edited by delfofthebla

Most of the really good mods for oblivion and morrowind didn't come out within the first year of the games release. Personally I have no problem waiting for this awesome sounding mod. I've been following this thread long before I ever got the game and even longer before I had a good enough computer to run it. I would rather you hold on to it and finish it your way then posting something unfinished. Even if it takes a while till you decide to work on it again, I have no problem with that. No matter how long it takes, I have no doubt that this will be a wonderful mod :)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't completely not agree with the idea of releasing it as is so modders could make something from the ashes. There is something I am against I have been looking forward to this mod for the last couple of months not just because I like the idea of having a lich form but because your idea personally was a ridiculous, epic and down right awesome. To see all the hard work you have done, all the months gone to waste just to see it goto the thiefs and copycats on the nexus. If they take your idea and make it into some thing that is actually new then good job but there are some people in this world that will take you work and just change the names of things to there own ends. I personally agree with your plans 100% you have a good idea going for you and I wish that this mod is completed.

I played morrowind and more than one time used lichcraft please, god in heaven please finish this mod at some point in the next few years finish this mod. :D After I planned making a lich mod (even though having 0% modding experience) not like yours I was going to use the skeleton model from dawnguard (the mage that has a hood and ancient draugr armor) with the vampire lord animations and give him some different powers but that idea is still In the when a I have the time for it pile (being in college myself) I even had an Idea for the staff using the wabbajack, a human or troll skull and bone hawk skull and feathers giving it a tribal feeling.

I will help you in any way I can but remember my modding experience is 0% I did make a house mod but we both know that's not really modding that's just a mix of the creation kit and YouTube tutorial.

If anyone is going to hound me about not making any mods and still giving out advise please don't I'm only 14 (at the time this was posted).

Edited by KILLERZombie135

IDEA:

Also I had an Idea about lich not having any followers because nobody would want to help a lich (possibly kill everyone, especially heimskr). Necromancers, I was playing a quest mod in oblivion I think it was the return of maninmarko (however you spell that) you killed him in the vanilla quest line but the mod adds a quest line that talks of him returning and you can choose to help him or you can choose to destroy him, but to the point he had vampire, zombie and necromancer minions working for him. One of the reasons I would like for undead followers to aloud is because of serana being one of the most powerful followers in the game. ("idea me thinks")

QUESTION:

Is the lich a completely new race e.g Can you customize the armor (I know you don't see it at the race menu)

QUESTION:

Can you switch between phylactory lich, the true lich and the vampire lich.

If you are going to ask me about why i'm still giving you ideas even though you have stopped working on it for the time being its because your may want to take another crack at it again if you bursting with ideas i'm just trying to light the second match. I'm trying to learn code currently but I keep loosing the spark I want to but over time my drive begins to linger. I have a group of friends one is really good a texturing (he might want to help if he gets skyrim and he is getting it :D) we were planning on making a modding team so I wanted to learn how to code. As I was saying I know how you feel you just loose the time and drive to make mods sometime you will come back to the idea but that takes time but I still have hope for this epic mod and will keep trying (I dont care if you absolutly shun my ideas there just thought).

IDEA:

One thing you could do is add, vigilants constantly trying to destroy your phylactory, so if they fake kill you then they will steal the phylactory from you corspe and you have to act quick or they sanctify it resulting in real death, but untill you take control of the vigilant with your phylactory you wont know who has it.

IDEA:

One of the lich's could have passive, if they do not have anything raised or summoned at the time then a random corpse in range would get raised.

IDEA:

When in a lich form weaker undead e.g skeleton, regular draugr (up to draugr white) and vampire's (up to blooded) do not attack you, not just because they cant hope to match your power (not that undead have hope :D) or the fact that you are one of them but out of fear (yup thats right as a lich your so powerful you give undead emotion just so they can fear you).

IDEA:

The mortal mask requires attention so while in this state your magicka runs out and you can not summon/raise anything. Also while the mortal mask is active undead do not know you as one of them so they will attack you.

Edited by KILLERZombie135

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man i can't wait!

I'll probably be the "True lich", but honestly i think atleast SOME of the companions (maybe more crazy, evil ones (like Cicero) or maybe the completely loyal ones) would still protect you. I mean, they don't give a damn if you're a vampire, heck you can even feed on them without them even giving a damn :lol:

But still i can't wait for this mod!

Hopefully i will be able to wear my burlap sack on my head.

http://i.imgur.com/ckytH.jpg

[idea] what if you didn't have to use spells to disguise yourself? Maybe just wearing full body armor with closed helmet, or like masked hoods... potato sacks on heads would be enough to fool those stupid mortals? Though it would be kind of funny if they commented about you smelling like a corpse :D

Edit: Goddamnit... That's what happens when you only read the first page of the thread... Shame....

Edited by skulleris