Merging Mods... Oblivion Install Folder Not Found

Klipperken

this tool can --> https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/36370/

make sure you install that mod correctly... it is a bit hassle at first but worth it, such as visual redist c++, obse 21, etc etc

1. open cse (not cs)

2. open esp, choose one esp as active file (merged esp), choose all esps that you need to merge

3. after the esp loading done... go to menu --> File --> Tools --> Combine Loaded Plugin

done...

merging mod is very simple

that is how you merge the esp

as for dependencies

tool like CSE / TES4Edit / GECK / other merge tool can edit it

BUT

I think the only one that could REALLY edit dependencies is only CSE...

there is several lines in script code from esp that prevent them from working if certain esp is not loaded

you need to edit those mod scripts manually

delete the IFs syntax that check the required mods, so it can be stand alone

make sure that when you do this you already have the required mod in your load order

if you can't do this... just merge esp that don't have any dependencies...

then I think you need a help from a modder than know OBSE scripting,

to make certain esp to be stand alone

sorry I can't help you on this one since I have other things to do...

so the easiest solution that you can do right now is merging esps that don't have any dependencies

Thank you, miss.

I am fully experimenting with CSE, it's quite marvelous how one can destroy a game entirely!

One thing though:

I have a game apart which does not have the last mods I wanted to install, since I am at the end of the ability to add more mods.

Now, the game works, OBSE works, but once ingame, OBSE closes down on me, causing Vampire Revolution to die on me.

The correct error code is:

"VR not initialized.
Please exit game.

Check your correctly installed OBSE and AddActorValues.

Ensure you're running OBSE_Loader.exe."

OBSE starts always as Admin, it works for CSE, I cannot, however, find it in the TaskManager when Oblivion runs.

When I play Morrowind, MWSE DOES show in TaskManager.

Logic would say, it does this for OBSE as well?

Why on Tamriel does OBSE closes on me?

It does so in a clean installation as well, so it is not a mod.

Anyway I can force OBSE to keep on running?

Thank you.
Klip.

Edited by Klipperken

Just listing some thoughts here, in case it helps (in case not, just ignore it!):

• OBSE does not need to be running in the background. The message just means (most likely) that you need to run the game in a way that gets OBSE loaded.
  • The message also mentions AddActorValues - are you sure you have installed it? It is an OBSE plugin:
  • If you have a Steam version of Oblivion, you need to run the game from Steam. OBSE will be loaded automatically when the game starts.
  • If you use Mod Organizer with the Steam version of Oblivion (in which case you will also be using the "script extender" load mechanism with hook.dll OBSE plugin), you will need to install OBSE plugin dlls manually in the actual plugins folder.
  • If you use Mod Organize with a non-Steam version of the game (such as the 5th Anniversary Edition or something), then you need to run obse_loader.exe through Mod Organizer, and I think installing OBSE plugins through MO should work then (not quite sure, though).

Also, as a side note, with Morrowind Graphics Extender XE (MGE XE), you do not need to have MWSE running in the background with Morrowind, either, as far as I remember. The description on Nexus, for example, mentions MWSE 0.9.4a being included in it, so if you do not need a later version of MWSE (like the 0.9.5 pre-release ones) then that one should work. :thumbsup:

Edited by Contrathetix