[WIP] Dwemer Colosseum

Korodic

Wouldnt it be better to do this by means of an "Expansion plugin"? That way you keep maximum compatibility and play value, whilst minimizing the requirements. :turned:

I definitely second this. I don't have any need for DG right now, and haven't bought it yet. I probably will; nevertheless, from your perspective, you cut down your potential audience (and endorsements!) if your mod requires a DLC.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I know I don't have many fans on this project just yet, but for the ones I do have, expect progress to crawl unfortunately. I will begin college soon...

Please pray for my safety and good grades as the fiery wrath of math homework & courses that shall be upon me :armscrossed:.

• 2 months later...

fixed the self aware gates. need to re-fix them for every gametype. This arena is so heavily scripted stuff gets really complex :P Not dead, just college slowing me down is all.

Not dead..... yet. :P

Nah, not yet. I'm really looking forward to finishing this project, there is quite a bit that is done. Though, it's scary without the amount of coding involved. It doesn't feel like it is as efficient as it could be, but then again everything needs to be so very specific for every match, makes it tough not to... If you explored everything I had done in the CK right now you could end up very lost :sweat:

I can even get lost at this rate hahaha.

Well when I get some more features working, and repair whatever all the updates broke, I'll be looking into posting up some teaser material.

All of the game types work, just some tiny things are not being handled right, and the experience has to be flawless, audio probably going to be the hardest thing for me to try to tackle when I get to it. This isn't some rinky-dink "pull the lever" kind of arena where monsters magically spawn. You can talk to people, make bets, fight in the ring yourself, and even create custom matches with some alliance based groups fighting in the center of the ring.

I'm also working on a few advanced rewards, and some other mod integration. With TESVedit out, I'll be able to do that a lot easier. :dance:

I appreciate your contribution btw, It'll come in handy.

• 1 month later...

update: I added a new cover pic in the OP. I'm a little upset, and sorry to announce that the gates will stay dropped Oblivion style. I wanted badly for the gates to be "self-aware" so whenever anyone stands behind them they open automatically rather than by the quest and they close behind you when you leave it. As cool as the effect was, I was easily messing it up by using shouts. For some reason, the trigger box that detects whether you are behind the gate or not will actually open the gate, but I notice it doesn't do all of the code (there is an invisible barrier that gets enabled/disabled when the gate opens/closes) and that invisible barrier did not open like the gate itself did when shouted at. This causes the gate to go out of sync which just acts stupid and becomes trouble when it's time to leave... *MANY* hours of work into that gate -.- I'm a perfectionist.

But on the bright side I've been revamping the code which has everyhting kind of broken right now. But it is definitely an improvement in terms of optimization. Doing this project I'm certainly learning all of the weirdest kinds of little quirks Skyrim has when handling code...

I am however considering one more game mode... Battle Royale anyone? It's like Team Deathmatch mixed with Free For All. Large teams like in TD, more teams like in FFA. So you'll see a huge fight between Red, Yellow, Blue, AND Green. Dunno if it's a great idea for those with weak FPS. However this mod probably isn't the best for people running on a dinosaur anyways unfortunately. Your thoughts on the new gametype? Worth it? Any ideas you guys would like to add? I'm always listening!

Well! I'm not sure how many people I have following this project, but...

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I have finished the story/match types. Now I just need to polish it a bit, and then add in the crowd dynamics, work on some balancing, and a few rewards. Getting close to the finish line for beta!

EDIT: and in an effort to create a more realistic experience I have decided to test real life qualities that gladiators might exemplify. Below is the results of said experimentation.

394878_453614301363730_1483831840_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...