Little dog question ,-))

springplank

Hey, so after i got some mods, Thuumic, ufo, followers overhaul, and quality world map.

Wenever i go to Markath, and want to buy a dog, i get the message "sorry, you already have an animal with you" when only lydia is with me.

Somebody else had the same problem?

tx

I can't remember the name of the mod, but there is a follower mod that makes it so you can have two NPC followers instead of one NPC follower and one dog. This mod functions by letting you fill the dog slot with an NPC. This sounds consistent with the problem you are experiencing. Do you have that mod or another one like it installed and active? (Or if it is not active, do you still have the scripts from it installed?)

I can't remember the name of the mod, but there is a follower mod that makes it so you can have two NPC followers instead of one NPC follower and one dog. This mod functions by letting you fill the dog slot with an NPC. This sounds consistent with the problem you are experiencing. Do you have that mod or another one like it installed and active? (Or if it is not active, do you still have the scripts from it installed?)

Actually the only mod i installed was quality world map, better sorting, and ufo follower overhaul, but the last one should just let me have as many as 15 followers,...

So i wouldn't now what the problem here, but i went for a fresh install of skyrim and the mods yesterday, as i wanted to start the game over. So i hope i won't have it anymore this bug.

tx

It could be a bug if you have previously owned a dog which has been killed and the game hasn't cleared the appropriate flag.

Otherwise, it might be that you also own a horse but can only have 1 companion and 1 animal at a time. You shouldn't need to reinstall, there should be a console command that clears the animal ownership flag.

Edited by steve40

It could be a bug if you have previously owned a dog which has been killed and the game hasn't cleared the appropriate flag.

Otherwise, it might be that you also own a horse but can only have 1 companion and 1 animal at a time. You shouldn't need to reinstall, there should be a console command that clears the animal ownership flag.

Yeah i reinstalled it, i really wonder if the ufo follower overhaul comes with a horse, maybe that was the problem,... only never saw the horse lol.

It's probably a little late, but if this happens, again, you might try: "set playerfollowercount to 0".

This is a bug I've read about from a number of people, and I'm sure it's just a failure of the game to "clean up" when you've dismissed a follower. In your case, though, with a follower number cap of 15 there could be something else going on. On the other hand, as steve40 said, you can generally only have one animal follower. I can't imagine that UFO would give you a "steal horse". That just doesn't make sense. I ran into this when I took on Meeko as a follower for a brief time, then told him to go back home. I tried recruiting a "Stray Dog" after that and the game wouldn't let me.

It's probably a little late, but if this happens, again, you might try: "set playerfollowercount to 0".

This is a bug I've read about from a number of people, and I'm sure it's just a failure of the game to "clean up" when you've dismissed a follower. In your case, though, with a follower number cap of 15 there could be something else going on. On the other hand, as steve40 said, you can generally only have one animal follower. I can't imagine that UFO would give you a "steal horse". That just doesn't make sense. I ran into this when I took on Meeko as a follower for a brief time, then told him to go back home. I tried recruiting a "Stray Dog" after that and the game wouldn't let me.

tx mate, great help, will write that code down for next time ,-0))

• 4 months later...

Hey, so after i got some mods, Thuumic, ufo, followers overhaul, and quality world map.

Wenever i go to Markath, and want to buy a dog, i get the message "sorry, you already have an animal with you" when only lydia is with me.

Somebody else had the same problem?

tx

Console command to fix this:

set playeranimalcount to 0