Can you disable grass shadows?

INFORIS

When patch 1.5 was about to release, i couldn't stop thinking about those kill moves.

When i updated, i rushed into the game and loaded up my save, I happened to be in a forest.

I look everywhere and there are black dark blotches on the ground, i don't think it blends well.

Not only that but my framerate took a giant killing blow and it was no longer playable for me.

I usually cap my framerate at 40fps but it dips down into the mid 20's and mid 30's causing a

lot of stutter and jerky movements. I play with shadows on 2048 with 4000 distance.

I've been searching online for ways to disable grass shadows and nothing i find seems to work.

I even tried the bShadowsOnGrass=0 line in the ini's.

My specs are as follow.

AMD Phenom II X4 920

GTX 550Ti

4GB PC2-6400

And a 160GB HDD i defrag often.

Could someone shed some light on this grass shadow dillema i'm having?

They're totally borked as of the last patch. If they're that bad for you, disabled them in the console by typing tm and return. Grass gone.

As I understand it, in certain situations (like yours) that glitch becomes a part of your save so no ini trickery has been found to fix it, although you could try setting fShadowBiasScale to 1.0

I was able to "fix" my game by disabling them (console:tm) making a fresh save, setting the ini and them re-enabling the grass.

Edited by Morwyn Kelm

I was able to "fix" my game by disabling them (console:tm) making a fresh save, setting the ini and them re-enabling the grass.

Could you explain this part to me?

When i use tm, it turn off all my menus and hud so i'm going to assume you mean tg.