The Glow

Shidentora

Someone please create this - it would be totally marvelous. I am not a modder, but will help you as much as I only can with idea, layout and stuff.

What:

A replica of the Glow from Fallout. The place (and a quest to go with it). The link is at the bottom of this post.

What exactly:

A little hellhole like the Glow. A (edited) radiated old vault model (Vault 87, Vault 92) could be used for this, as the place quite looks like one. With robots, elevators, stocked lockers and all that jazz.

A quest?

Yes, the BoS or the Outcasts could give a quest to bring them something in exchange for Radaway, caps, ammo... Some stuff the character really needs. It could be some important data disc, for example.

Location?

If you'd use a crater in the gameworld, you'd need an appropriate place for it, something level and spacious - the territory north from Ft. Independence, or even better, a piece of flatlands around the Temple of the Union or, in general, somewhere northeast from the Minefield, I s'pose.

If you use a separate worldspace, any "door to the valley to..." stuff would do.

Oh, and please, don't forget the Radiation Storm melody.

link:

"as Johnny was approaching the strange glow, stumbling through the greenish haze, bones of our fallen brothers and debris, breathing heavily and sweating like hell in his antirad suit, his Geiger was ticking so much, that Boris and me could hear it a hundred yards from him. Backed up by two of our Sentrybots, Johnny was venturing there alone.

"NO! I ain't let the kid go the all by himself, I mumbled through the mike. I go there as well. I don't care that he volunteered. Boris, you commin'?"

"Nu, horosho. I go with you... You are just as stubborn as your dad, heh, Hazy. Ty kak tvoi otyec. Let's go... We go back together, or die there together..."

"Just as always. A helluva place for a weapon research center, huh, priyatelj? But, if we're to free those slaves, that's what we need. And our ammo isn't much to look at. There's some there for sure. We MUST go inside, or we die with our knives in our hands."

Boris gave me a friendly pat on my shoulder with his huge hand: "Nu, poshli. Lets go. At least we'll see if my antirad suits are worth the time I spent on them, ahahaha!"

We went on, amidst the heart-tearing moaning of nuclear wind, under the lead grey night sky filled with croaking Radravens, our shapes against the greenish horizon... Into the haunted, dreaded, legendary... Into the goddamned GLOW.

So, once again, we went into the unknown, praying that it won't be the last time for the sake of our humble selves, and for the sake of those that remain in this what remains of the World, awaiting our help in underground shelters, abandoned sewers, remote caves... For the sake of their tears and suffering - to help them end both and give them a reason to go on.

Sergeant Hazy Jr,

The Death Berets

September 2nd 2078.

Edited by Shidentora