stutters and lags after 5 minutes

retroversion

first of all i apologize for yet another lag complaint topic....

so my situation is that skyrim runs usually at about 24 fps outdoors for me but recently, i cannot play it for more than 5 minutes.. after 5 minutes the fps drops to about 13 or less and stutters a lot.. i have concluded that it is not a heat issue (ice packed my laptop) and i have no idea why..

this started a week or two ago which when my save game loading time also greatly increased to maybe 5 minutes (just the save loading, not traveling)

though my saves are at about 10mb...

i have read some threads saying that the unofficial skyrim patch causes this, but i have been using that mod since i started playing skyrim and this problem started only recently.

so if anyone knows what (mod) is causing this, please help!!

thanks in advance!!

edit: using 1.5.26

Edited by rogergamer

bump

(save load time is slightly decreased with civil unrest mod removed, stuttering persists)

edit: going between cells sometimes removes the stuttering, and my core 2 duo is always running below 50% with skyrim (added all the threaded optimizations into the ini already)

Edited by rogergamer

Well, it is at about 10mb so shouldnt be a problem..... Right?

Yeah 10 mb 80 hours in is not bad. I've heard a bunch of stuff about how big they actually should be, and i think 10 mb is a little on the large side, but my game that i know for a fact is corrupted and detroyed by a bloated save file is 92 hours in, and the save file is 122 mb. so you're obviously no where near that.