stutters and lags after 5 minutes

retroversion

well, still looking for answers.... very annoying how mid-combat the game starts to stutter (maintaining acceptable fps) but then after a few more minutes it drops to like 5 fps or so.....

I don't know if this will apply to you or not, but I had a very similar problem that was happening to any game that I tried to play. No matter what the game was, new or old, I'd get smooth frame rates for 5 to 20 minutes, and then occaisonal big hits of stuttering with the overall fps staying smooth. I Googled the crap out of it, and eventually came to the conclusion that I had been tweaking my CPU a bit too aggressively. In my case, just dropping my CPU voltages a notch or two smoothed everything right out, no more stuttering at all. I'm not sure if this will help you or not though, my CPU is overclocked so I've been mucking about with my voltages and whatnot, and I may have had it set too high to begin with :geek:

for as long as this problem has persisted, going between cells almost always solves this problem, however, 5 minutes later the same thing would happen which when you will have to switch cells again to stop the stuttering.... making it impossible to do quests that take more than 5 minutes...

• 9 years later...

SOLVED!!!

somehow removing UFO solved the problem... completely

With ancient art of necromancy I revive thee thread to ask question: what is UFO?

I've been stuck with this problem for months and trying everything I can to unlag my Skyrim.

• 4 weeks later...

With ancient art of necromancy I revive thee thread to ask question: what is UFO?

UFO is not a mod introducing aliens to Sky rim . It is Ultimate Follower Overhaul. Which waaaay back in 2012 may have been a buggy mod. There is a later version around now. But if you are not using this mod then it is not the answer you seek, so seek the way shrine of enlightenment and may auriel guide you on your quest to unlag your skyrim.