Newbie to modding having issues

deathstroke365

Im very new to modding, with Fallout 4 being my first real attempts at it. So far Ive had several mods work flawlessly (FO4 unnoficial patch, AWKCR, etc.). However when trying to install certain mods (body slide, cbbe, and darker nights currently) my NMM has been telling me there is a problem during install. I added the proper text to my Fallout4prefs.ini. However my files did not come with a Fallout4custon.ini so I used a video tutorial to add it myself and as far as I know with my limited experience I think it is working. I would appreciate any help you guys could come up with.

With what you've got, be aware of the ba2 file issues NMM can have along with losing track of it's virtual links.

Next thing to check: There is a general load order guide on bethesda.net that can help you out. You will want to export your load order to a text file. After that, keep in mind lines with the # symbol will be ignored by the import, so you can use those to help with grouping and sorting. With a little work you may even be able to keep all mod pieces together for easier management. See my "Need some Help and Issues with Tools" post for my journey so far and a good example text load order imported into NMM.