More immersive lockpicking/looting

stuff444

Ive been sitting on this idea for a while. So, here it is.

You know how when you do crafting in game ( smithing, alchemy, enchanting ) time goes on around the player, right? Well, how lame is it that the lockpicking, and loot/trade interphases freeze time. Picking a lock at the bottom of a lake is no problem, since time freezes.

Change # 1: The idea is to make time continue on when in the lockpicking mini game screen, and the same goes for the loot/trade menus. This would mean that all characters start out not stopping time on any skill/trade in game.

The second part impacts perks, and increases role play. This would also help to further differentiate the thief from the warrior, or mage.

Change # 2: Add the vanilla freeze time effect for lockpicking to the perk "quick hands", or "golden touch" for a more balanced difficulty. Add the vanilla freeze time effect for looting/trade menu to the perk "perfect touch".

Each effect can be reached in the tree that should effect it., and it would make it more inconvienant for warriors and mages to do lockpicking or looting. I use lockpicking spell mods for my mage classes, but I would love for my dumb warrior orc to have an even greater disadvantage when trying to do thief like things. I realize stopping time is silly, but you kinda have to take it not so literally, and just think of it as a thief haveing much quicker hands and looting skills. Maybe it would be possible to slow time drastically instead of using the vanilla freezing effect?

Call me crazy, but I think this is a great idea.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this because it's exactly what I was going to post and the only thing that came up in a search!

I think if you decide to pick a lock or loot a chest in the middle of combat you should have to be on the edge of your seat!

Hoping someone picks this idea up. Can't believe it hasn't happened!