Head tracking for player character

anidamo

• 5 weeks later...
This is what the game misses. If anyone can make this work, it would be awesome. Having the player look so dumb is really a turn off, this, since FO3....

A purple cat walks into the forum and starts talking.

This is a fantastic idea. I was thinking about something similar over the past week when I started learning how to mod. Wish there was a way to get it working.

The purple cat leaves the forum, tail bouncing along behind it.

Edited by IndigoNeko

There is NO headtracking for the PC, AI driven or not.

I made a test with the upcoming FNIS 3.0 which will have a headtracking option. Usually, for the NPCs, headtracking is on by default. So if an animation gets the "off" option, I have to raise an event "Headtracking Off" in the behavior file when the animation starts, and "Headtracking On", when the animation ends. Not raising the events lets the NPC move the head, but not the PC.

I made a test with an additional "Headtracking On" when starting the animation, but again the PC did not move his head a bit.

Therefore it also will not be possible to make it work via a script, scripts do nothing but raise events. It might be somewhere deep in the behaviors. But I could not find anything in the 2 most likely behavior files. I would think, headtracking is purely engine, and cannot be changed by data files or scripting (except NPC on/off).

If anything, then SKSE, but I don't know what they are able to see.

When beginning a new game, when you are creating your new character and defining how he looks, if you left-click your mouse on your character's head and hold down the mouse button while dragging the mouse about, your character head tracks the mouse cursor :)

Edited by steve40

When beginning a new game, when you are creating your new character and defining how he looks, if you left-click your mouse on your character's head and hold down the mouse button while dragging the mouse about, your character head tracks the mouse cursor :)

Ahhh this gives me hope ^o^ lol though I have no idea what could be done. It seems scripting is not enough, so what to do then? Is it possible it's some silly option in the CK?

• 5 weeks later...

I've been checking for a mod or a fix that will take care of this since the game came out. To me it is the immersion-breaker, my character looking straight ahead even when there's dragons and/or other enemies around, never mind not even looking at anyone at any time, even while they're talking to "you".

Hard to believe that all these months later, and so many people wanting this fixed, there's still nada.

I add my support for a mod request to get this done.