Ground Armor

DenathKorr

Hi,

I can't deal with the ground part of armor.

It seems, according to the nif file I use as base (on which I copy my shapes), either the CK crashes or my armor is invisible (I don't understand why: I exactly have the same nif file except that the shape are different).

Thank you in advance.

There could be any number of issues. Could you upload just your ground mesh somewhere, so someone (myself or anyone else who get to it first) can take a look at it?

Well, at least one problem that might be causing the CTD's is that the BSShader property thinks the object is still skinned.

Find the settings I am highlighting in the picture below and uncheck "SLSF1_Skinned". You need to do that for the armor mesh and the belt mesh. You can actually see in the picture that the "SLSF1_Skinned" is under Shader Flags 1 and is selected for the example, as it appears in the list. You want it to NOT appear in the list.

I also noticed that there is no specular map (cube map) seleceted in either texture set, but the BSShader thinks there should be. That probably doesn't cause a CTD, though.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p76/lesfleursmal/VertexColors3.jpg

Well, I just assume it's telling the engine "this mesh morphs", like armor when it moves along with character animations. Not sure why having it checked on an inventory or static item automatically causes a crash, but I have found the engine to be fairly particular and crash prone whenever something isn't just right.