Convert Mod To Replacer

AlexYamata

Hmm coudln't you just find out which files the brotherhood of steal uses in the textures and meshes and what not and just rename the files belonging to that mod and place them in their proper location? wouldn't that not replace them properly? its just a theory of course im not sure if its entirely true or not. i know in oblivion it worked like that i had 3 mods that did "replacement" for robes and stuff but i didn't like certain replacements for certain outfits so i mixed and matched them to their proper folders so i'd only need one ESP file to use them all instead of 3 esp files. though like i said while it worked in oblivion i can't guarantee that it'll work you should do some searching before doing any replacements of your own lol. since that would make a PERMANENT replacement and not act as a mod requiring ESP's to use those meshes and textures.

Hmm coudln't you just find out which files the brotherhood of steal uses in the textures and meshes and what not and just rename the files belonging to that mod and place them in their proper location? wouldn't that not replace them properly? its just a theory of course im not sure if its entirely true or not. i know in oblivion it worked like that i had 3 mods that did "replacement" for robes and stuff but i didn't like certain replacements for certain outfits so i mixed and matched them to their proper folders so i'd only need one ESP file to use them all instead of 3 esp files. though like i said while it worked in oblivion i can't guarantee that it'll work you should do some searching before doing any replacements of your own lol. since that would make a PERMANENT replacement and not act as a mod requiring ESP's to use those meshes and textures.

Yeah I guess I could do that but I don't know locations or names. All I really know is drag n drop and FOMOD :(

HMM well i unfortunately can't help you on that part because i've already done a little searching for my own interest in replacement and i honestly can't figure out where the brotherhood of steel files are located myself.

Yeah I guess I could do that but I don't know locations or names. All I really know is drag n drop and FOMOD :(

Well shoot haha, I thought the two things I asked for were simple modding things, I guess they aren't that simple, thanks anyway SilverNirvash

Well shoot haha, I thought the two things I asked for were simple modding things, I guess they aren't that simple, thanks anyway SilverNirvash

oh no no they are simple im just not really a maker of mods...im just the type to give ideas to others to help them along ^^;;

Actually, I saw in a Halo Armor topic, I could do it in the GECK, but it had to have been a different version because when I tried it was all confusing. I loaded the Fallout3.esm, went to actors and NPC's, but the only BrotherhoodOfSteel thing that had armor was BrotherhoodOfSteel1GunCMDEAD

EDIT: There are 2 others with armor BrotherhoodOfSteel1GunAFDEAD, and BrotherhoodOfSteel1GunHMDEAD

Well to put different armors on an Existing fallout 3 actor, you have to notice in the geck there are nearly 8-12 Different brotherhood power armors which is unnecessary by my opinion. You'd have to edit the armor in the geck to refer to the metal armor textures and then repeat that for all of the power armors (brotherhood of steel) That should do it. If you can't figure it out I would be more than happy to help out and give it a swing myself. :thumbsup: