Sudden crashing!

illgryphon

Hi Guys,

I have suddenly got a problem with my game crashing every time the load screen has to load up a new part of the map. I have a few mods on my game, and it very rarely would crash beforehand after playing for a long time. However now every time it has to go to the load screen for a new part of the map (I have tried different AutoSaves where I am in a building or outside) it crashes when normally it would load without problem!

I haven't changed any of my hardware and have no issues with anything else only Skyrim SE all of a sudden! I updated my USSEP in case that helped but it didn't, so I am at a loss how to fix it. If some one could tell me where I could get a file of the crash I would happily post it for advice.

Regards,

Gryph.

Skyrim has basically no crash logs. You can enable a papyrus log file but that only contains script errors which very rarly cause a ctd.

Did you go through the usual steps?

• Disable all mods
  • Create a new character and see if the same issue occurs
  • Undo any recent changes (including driver, os or game updates)
  • Are you running the latest version of your mods?

Skyrim has basically no crash logs. You can enable a papyrus log file but that only contains script errors which very rarly cause a ctd.

Did you go through the usual steps?

• Disable all mods
  • Create a new character and see if the same issue occurs
  • Undo any recent changes (including driver, os or game updates)
  • Are you running the latest version of your mods?

Thanks for the advice man, I disabled the Climates of Tamriel SE mod and it works a charm 1st time!! Weird how all of a sudden it caused crashes when moving across the map? Just glad it was that mod for sound etc and not any of the ones for graphics or content!

Could be that the game has trouble loading the weather (wild guess). I would advise uninstalling cot, create a safe located inside a building, load that safe without cot and check if you still crash, create a new safe located inside, install cot again, check load order, load your safe and check for crashes again.

The mod author posted a few lines regarding troubleshooting:

Is this safe to uninstall?
Yeah, just go in a house first and "fw 81a" save and then uninstall
before installing another weather/lighting mod