NifSkope, obj import, million polys...

kingchris20

I'm just wondering if I'm waiting for nothing. I have a model that's has over a million polys, I exported as obj from 3ds Max and am trying to import it into NifSkope. It seems like NifSkope can't handle it or something, it's not doing anything. Does anyone know if NifSkope can even import such a detailed model? Or does it just take a looooong time. It's been about 20 minutes so far....

Oh and btw, 3ds would export it as obj, but when I tried to export it straight as a nif, it wouldn't export it either....

Just asking to see if I'm going to have to "start over" and reduce the detail considerably on my model, I don't want to do that, it's the worst case scenario......exhausting all my options before I do that :)

Edited by kingchris20

Well, if Nifskope can't handle it then the game engine won't like it either. :huh:

I'm sure when you say 'start over' you just mean you'll start over the export process after reducing your poly's... dunno about 3DS but Blender has a script that reduces polys for ya. I'm sure 3DS does too.