Desperately need GOOD Merge Mod (FO4EDIT) guide

Klipperken

I am trying to merge like a billion mods into a few, this to have a more sorted overlook in the DATA folder.

Idea is to remove the original .ESP files afterwards.

However, I keep running a snag with red lines, to begin with, and the fact I am unable to remove the dependencies.

Now, important note: I am autistic with ADHD, and I need a CLEAN, to the point guide (preferably video, as I am a VERY visual person).

I've been looking around, found a few short guides, but these do not help me actually any further.

Thank you very much.

Klip.

PS: If you prefer to help me over a system like Skype, Facebook, or even TeamViewer, I can.

If any other, I am quite adaptable in that regard (I could install for instance TeamSpeak, or Discord, or... if you prefer).

Thank you.

Klip.

have you considered using Merge Plugins?

it is a tool that's basically built for this function , and I know of several wonderful tutorials for it (including a very detailed video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S6cpCwTezE)

however , doing a simple google search got me this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20752

which is a tutorial using FO4Edit (I can't say how great it is as I've never read it , but it does fit your request as far as I know)

hope either of these help :)

Thank you, Sir, for your reply.

"however , doing a simple google search got me this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20752

hope either of these help :smile:"

This is one of the ones that helped me no further with FO4Edit.

As said, I am merging a few hundred plug-ins, some simply REFUSE to be written out as dependency, for whatever reason, as the combined plugin DOES contain all the info (manually checked each bloody line, ffs...).

Why it refuses to drop these independencies is beyond me.

Other conflicts CANNOT be solved for whatever reason, these mostly are in the CELL section.
These are red out, but offer or no possibility to alter it, or refuse to accept alteration.
Hard-coded?

Oddly, many of them are in fact NO conflict, and it stuns me that these are red out at all?
But WHERE is the issue precisely...?

I am grateful for the new program you pointed too, I will check this out once i am "done" with my current merge (ignoring some conflicts... :sad: ).
This one is an Armour-Clothing merge, I got me a mass of new items, and I am trying to put them all into a single merged file.

Hundreds upon hundreds of conflicts I am manually sifting through...

I will keep you posted, Sir, again my thanks.

Say... why don't you make a GOOD guide? :wink:

Klip.

Edited by Klipperken

Just found out something.
Fire up FO4EDIT.

Select plugins, load.

Select data, copy to new record.

Create Merged Plugin.

Add name of ESP.

Press OK.
Program does a lot of things, then Finished Copying.

Select new plugin.

Right click, select for cleaning.

Program does it's thing.

Finished.
A TON of red.
Fix all manually.

Rerun cleaning, all is good now.

Save and exit when done.

I just reloaded the plugin... it's 2KB in size???

Fire up CS, select plugin... new plugin is EMPTY!!!
The other 2 I made before... DITTO.

WHAT??????

No matter what I try, it won't work.

Made the fixed and cleaned merged plugin... fire up game... new game... and nothing is where it should be.

The game does load the files, but there it simply ends.

Added stuff is simply not ingame, though 'loaded'.

At a loss... and I find no help...

Klip.

I use this to merge my mods, and never had an issue with it. Its does work with FO4.

Merge Plugins

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905?tab=description

I have used FO4Edit only to add a patch to a main mod. Then delete the patch. I have never tried to do what your doing the FO4Edit.

I know there are mods that don't function being merged. Mods that use BA2 files can not be merged unless you unpack them into loose files.

Edited by bill8872

I use this to merge my mods, and never had an issue with it. Its does work with FO4.

Merge Plugins

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905?tab=description

I have used FO4Edit only to add a patch to a main mod. Then delete the patch. I have never tried to do what your doing the FO4Edit.

I know there are mods that don't function being merged. Mods that use BA2 files can not be merged unless you unpack them into loose files.

Yes, I'm using that now as well.

But this one too does not do it, OR I do something wrong.

Tried using it after FO4Edit (fix and clean issues), but once I load these into Merge, Merge refuses to touch it.

I can load all, but that is it.

Also, for some reason my game does not keep my mods sorted or active.

EACH TIME I launch the game I have to AGAIN sort and activate them all.

Anyone a clue as to how fix this?

Thank you.

Klip.

I use it before I look at it in FO4Edit. Unless I an making a modification to an armor for my use only. Most of the time I just merge them, zip them so NMM can load it, then play the game to see if I have any issues.

I only merge like mods together. Armor/clothing, weapons. If a mod uses BA2 files, then I turn it into an .esl. I have found a few that do not work as an .esl.

That is all I do merge. I have not merged settlement mods, as I am not sure how well they would work.

As far as the mods not staying active. I did have that happen with an older version of NMM. I am using version .63.17 which supports .esl, and I have not had that issue happen. If your using Mod Organizer, I can't say as I never use it for my mods. I can't be much help with this one, as I am not sure of the cause, or how to fix it.

I use it before I look at it in FO4Edit. Unless I an making a modification to an armor for my use only. Most of the time I just merge them, zip them so NMM can load it, then play the game to see if I have any issues.

I only merge like mods together. Armor/clothing, weapons. If a mod uses BA2 files, then I turn it into an .esl. I have found a few that do not work as an .esl.

That is all I do merge. I have not merged settlement mods, as I am not sure how well they would work.

As far as the mods not staying active. I did have that happen with an older version of NMM. I am using version .63.17 which supports .esl, and I have not had that issue happen. If your using Mod Organizer, I can't say as I never use it for my mods. I can't be much help with this one, as I am not sure of the cause, or how to fix it.

OK, so, how do you do this precisely.

Or even, if I send you the files (ESP only I assume?), could you merge them for me?

And do you happen to know how to fix the constant mod-disablement I have?

Thank you.

Klip.

You to merge all the mesh's, textures, and any other files the mods have. With the Merge Plugins mod, but it really is a program to merge mods with, run it, and select all the mods you want to merge into one merge, and name it what ever you like. There is only one flaw. The Plugin.txt file that is in a hidden folder does not keep the DLC's in it. So every time you change you load-order you have to readd the DLC's to that list.

On the Merged Plugins page there is a video about part way down, showing how to merge mods.