Various questions

RoyBurns

Hi folks,

I'm currently working on a mod and some problems occured. As these are on every layer of modding, I'm not able proceed in any way. So I hope you can help quickly, as my work stands still until problems (1) and (2) are solved...

1) I have a cave-interior. Structural it is an entrance followed by a pretty huge hallway then a narrow part that opens into a huge room. And with "huge" I mean that there is a whole castle inside. Well, the problem is that this room just ends somewhere around its mid ingame. The other half simply is not there, although it is displayed in the CK. Also there is some rock or whatever ingame right after the entrance that is not displayed in CK. Note that this dungeon atm has neither navmeshes nor rooms and portals. Is this a bug or is there simply a maximum seize for interior-cells or something like this?

2) I want to realize the following: The player is surrounded by a group of people and speaks with their leader. After choosing the according sentence to say, the whole group should attack the player. I already grouped the NPCs in a guilde and the script to change the guild's attitude towards the player seems plane simple. But where can I put the script? If I write it in these code snippet windows in the dialogue-window I can't use properties to access the guilde, but I don't know how to make it work otherwise as there is no "Event OnTopicEnd" or such... Whats the proper way to realize this?

3) If I want an NPC to give me a quest in, let's say, Whiterun and this same NPC should then appear through a hidden door after the player cleared the questrelated dungeon, should I (i) do a second copy of this NPC or (ii) teleport the Whiterun one into the cave ant afterwards back to Whiterun?

If (i): Doesn't that contradict with the "unique" state. What if one of the two dies? Will the other one be dead too?

if (ii): What if he dies? Will then the corpse be teleported around or will just nothing happen?

Thanks for answering

RoyBurns

PS: If there is a "General question"-topic I didn't see it and am sorry.

For #1: No Idea. My guess would have been the room or portal markers, but you say there aren't any, so I got nothing.

For #2: Something to try is to add the leader and all the NPC's as Alias' to your quest, at which point you can call on them at the special point in the dialogue to attack the player.

For #3: I would just teleport the NPC. If the NPC is also an Alias in your quest, you can specify that he/she is 'essential' which means they will not die while your quest is active.

If you make a copy of an NPC, then killing one will not kill the other. They will both have unique ID's.