morrowind with ps3 controller

thomriis

First of all a big thanks for all the hard work with the overhaul project 2.0, Morrowind simply looks gorgeous.

I know that morrowind can be played with a xbox controller for pc, But can it be played with a ps3 siaxis controller using motionjoy?

The reason im asking is because the xbox controllers analog sticks are very unstable and the cursor have a tendency to keep moving when

not touching the sticks. The ps3 controller is way better, Well except for one thing, I cant get those damn L2 and R2 triggers to work in any

way.

unfortunately im suffering a bit of chronic back pains,so it would be a huge relief if i could play this beautiful redesigned game with a controller.

And one last thing, Does anyone know of a good button setup,Cause it seems that some button commands are interfering with each other.

Thanks in advance to all kind gamers that answers this post.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how you can get it to work (sorry), but would it work to switch it to XBOX360 compatibility? For example, when I use a PS2 emulator I switch Motionjoy compatibility to Dualshock 2, even though I use a Dualshock 3. In other words, I trick the PS2 games into thinking that I'm using a Dualshock 2. If a 360 controller is compatible with Morrowind, it may be worth a try to attempt to use Motionjoy to fool Morrowind into thinking you're using a 360 controller.

Btw, using an emulator is legal, since I dumped my own PS2 BIOS to my PC.

Edited by Rennn

HI RENNN im using motionjoy exactly the same way as you do, Yes the xbox 360 controller option in motionjoy does work with the ps3 controller, Its just the L2+R2 triggers that dont,And those triggers are really neccesary if you want to play morrowind

properly, I also made some tweaks in the ini file to make the right analog stick work and Im wondering if there are any more changes you can make in it to make those extra buttons available??? i can say its exactly the same setup as you have to do with

a normal xbox controller so no need in changing it. If you know any experts in ini file configuration please ask them to post. The pcsx2 are such a great emulator i completed my old Star ocean till the end of time on it with only 2 minor bugs, I just hope they´ll

continue working on it.