Help with Item Lists

fschultz0

I'm working on my first mod. It's just a file that takes a few custom items that I liked and adds them to stores/item lists instead of just being in a chest in the arena, as well as giving the items actual armour statistics. Anyway, when I went to add the items to lists, I found that there were a very large amount of them. Can anyone help me with this? I added the items to the appropriate sounding lists (lightgreaves & lightcuirass, in the LL0 lists), but I'm not sure if I did this right. Also, when I put the items into a few stores, I couldn't figure out how to add them to the actual stock, so I just placed the item underground and set it to belong to the storekeeper. I would prefer to put them into actual lists so that (if possible) random appropriate stores will stock them, which would also add the possibility of restocking. Thanks in advance, should anyone decide to ease my plight.

Adding items to existing lists in that manner will cause conflicts with other mods. It would be better to create your own leveled list(s) for this purpose. One easy way is to duplicate the vanilla lists and add your items to those. Once you've made your leveled list(s), you can create a new container (just duplicate an existing merchant container, remove the duplicate's inventory, then add your leveled list(s) to it). You can place the new container in any vendor's store and set the vendor as the owner. That will allow vendors to sell the items while avoiding conflicts with other mods. As for how to set up leveled lists properly, check out these pages on the CS Wiki: Leveled Lists (overview), Leveled Items Edited by The_Vyper