Better Males Mod Help

Paradisekiss555

Was searching for answers on this myself last night but only found threads like this with no real answers. I'm no expert, but I played around and got it to work. Thought I'd come back and share what finally worked for me. My apologies to the OP for being so late. :blush:

(I used Sundracon's version, so other versions my have different options and file organization, but I'd assume the basic concept would work the same for FavouredSouls or any other)

So for MO, you know how when you try to install it brings up that window where it's looking for the data folder? Normally you just find the data folder in the tree and set it, but as this mod has several, each pertaining to different options and whatnot, the question becomes 'which one to choose.' My answer: install multiple times, once for each option you want to choose.

Example: You want to set it up so that you have no body hair.

1) Main mod install: Ok, the "Install Mods" window has just popped up looking for the data folder. Right click on the second "Data" you see (the one that is capitalized, not in braces) and select "set data directory." Then, go to the top of the window, change the name to something like "Better Males - Main", and then hit OK and let it install.

-> <data>

-> Data <----------- Right click and choose 'set data directory'

-> [ OPTIONS ]

2) No hair option: Now, double click the mod to install it again. This time open up the options folder and find the data folder for your choice of body hair texture. Set it as your data directory, change the name of the install to something like "Better Males - Option - Body Hair 0" and hit OK.

-> <data>

-> Data

-> [ OPTIONS ]

-> [ BODY HAIR TEXTURES ]

-> Body Hair 0 [smooth & muscular]

-> Data <---------------------------- Set this one

You'll now have two Better Male mods in your mod window, each named whatever you changed the name to - each option is its own separate mod that can be turned on/off by checking/unchecking in the mod list like any other mod. If there's another option you want thrown into the mix, then make another install setting the appropriate data directory and change the name (if the name is the same as another install, this new one will replace the old). Make sure "Better Males - Main" is above any optional versions in the mod window. Later, if you want to go hairy, just uncheck "Better Males - Option - Body Hair 0" in the mod list and make another install accordingly.

Edited by hadmatter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Varsa bir türk kardeşim lütfen bu modu kurma konusunda yardımcı olsun modu attım ancak çalışmıyor adamın üstünde halen kıyafetleri var. Burada yazan çözümler ingilizce olduğu için pek anlayamıyorum hatta yanlışlıkla oyunumuda bozdum geri yükledim gene çalışmıyor belki diğer kullandığım modlar ile çakışıyordur bilmiyorum ama onlar kusursuz çalışıyor bu sıkıntılı

ANOTHER WAY:

Download it manually. Extract the archived file to its own folder. (Delete the archive file) Go into the new folder, delete any options you don't want. Then make a new archive, and use Mod Organizer to download the new archive (which now contains only the options you want)!

That should work. (I haven't run my game yet to see. But in theory, that should definitely work!)

Edited by Hawk7777

• 5 months later...

I figured out a better way, for those of us who want all the features in the mod. Selecting the data folder under the option you want is good for installing just that male body option and nothing else, but then all the rest of the mod isn't installed. If you don't mind, go for it. I wanted to check out the facial improvements!

I found that dragging all files under the /data/ folder in the option I wanted down into the highest-level /data/ folder worked brilliantly, because I got everything in the mod installed. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...