help with alpha transparency.

neok182

I'm using the omegared99 armor pack and the triss armor. in omega's pack on his ranger armor which uses triss for a base, he uses the alpha in the texture to hide certain parts.

i then erased some of the parts he hid and they came back in game as they should.

but now i wanted to take part of his alpha and bring it to the triss armor to hide the long hood. i tried doing a copy/paste of the alpha and saved the texture.

but in game, it didn't work.

so i'm a little confused. and hoping someone could explain to me how to get this to work.

I'm not 100% certain exactly what you said you did, but did you apply an alpha property to the mesh? If not, that parts you were hoping to hide are probably black or white in game.

I'm not 100% certain exactly what you said you did, but did you apply an alpha property to the mesh? If not, that parts you were hoping to hide are probably black or white in game.

i didn't do anything to the mesh. just added an alpha to the texture.

though even with the alpha in the texture, the parts looked exactly the same in game.

any alpha property tutorial?

didn't think that i had to mess with the mesh. safe to say nifskope works with skyrim now. guess i'll play around with that later tonight after work.

If the parts look exactly the same then the texture you edited (or the part of the texture you edited) is not actually being used by the mesh in question.

In Nifskope you will have to add an alpha property to that mesh also, or it will still render *something* in the empty (alpha) parts of the texture. While you're at it you can see what texture file is really coming from.