Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

"YOU DO NOT CONTROL MY ACTIONS WITCH, AND I DECREE YOUR DEEDS ARE FOULER THAN THOSE TWO DROW COMBINED! NOW CONSTRUCT, I DO NOT DENY THAT THE DROW ARE MOSTLY EVIL CREATURES, BUT YOU MUST JUDGE BY ACTIONS NOT SPECIES. SHOULD I JUDGE EVERY HUMAN EVIL FOR ONE KILLING HIS WIFE? SHOULD I DECREE ALL DWARVES EVIL BECAUSE ONE BURNED DOWN A FOREST? NO, ONE IS JUDGED BY THEIR ACTIONS. THESE TWO ARE WORTHY IN MY EYES, FOR REASONS THAT ARE SOUND. WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC?" Rilifane booms.

Caladus looks agape at the fact that his chosen god had deemed him worthy of praise.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"YOU DO NOT CONTROL MY ACTIONS WITCH, AND I DECREE YOUR DEEDS ARE FOULER THAN THOSE TWO DROW COMBINED! NOW CONSTRUCT, I DO NOT DENY THAT THE DROW ARE MOSTLY EVIL CREATURES, BUT YOU MUST JUDGE BY ACTIONS NOT SPECIES. SHOULD I JUDGE EVERY HUMAN EVIL FOR ONE KILLING HIS WIFE? SHOULD I DECREE ALL DWARVES EVIL BECAUSE ONE BURNED DOWN A FOREST? NO, ONE IS JUDGED BY THEIR ACTIONS. THESE TWO ARE WORTHY IN MY EYES, FOR REASONS THAT ARE SOUND. WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC?" Rilifane booms.

Caladus looks agape at the fact that his chosen god had deemed him worthy of praise.

"Did your creator, the one who made you try to destroy you? Throw you away like a soiled rag when you were a child simply for questioning a order? I did not think so." Adamant said, conflicting tones of sadness and anger laced his words. "Gods never understand. Now stop interupting" Adamant repeated

"YOU ARE TAINTED. YOU DO NOT SEE THE LIGHT FOR ALL THE DARKNESS YOU CARRY. YOU BELIEVE THAT ALL DROW ARE THE SAME, AND I HAVE GIVEN YOU REASON THAT THEY ARE NOT. I HAVE LITTLE INFLUENCE OVER THE LANDS HERE, AND AS I AM NOT IN MY TEMPLE, I MAY NOT DESTROY YOU FOR YOUR IMPUDENCE. BUT, SHOULD YOU HARM HIM, I WILL RESTORE HIM. SHOULD YOU HARM HER, I SHALL RESTORE HER TOO. I WILL NOT ALLOW INNOCENTS TO BE KILLED IN MY PRESENCE. THOU ART NOT WORTHY OF JUDGING UNTIL YOU SEE SENSE." Rilifane thunders.

Caladus's ears were starting to ring slightly, and he remembered that mortals may not hear gods without there being consequences.

"YOU ARE TAINTED. YOU DO NOT SEE THE LIGHT FOR ALL THE DARKNESS YOU CARRY. YOU BELIEVE THAT ALL DROW ARE THE SAME, AND I HAVE GIVEN YOU REASON THAT THEY ARE NOT. I HAVE LITTLE INFLUENCE OVER THE LANDS HERE, AND AS I AM NOT IN MY TEMPLE, I MAY NOT DESTROY YOU FOR YOUR IMPUDENCE. BUT, SHOULD YOU HARM HIM, I WILL RESTORE HIM. SHOULD YOU HARM HER, I SHALL RESTORE HER TOO. I WILL NOT ALLOW INNOCENTS TO BE KILLED, WHEN THEY ARE WORSHIPPERS OF ME OR A CLOSE COMPANION AND ALSO INNOCENT. THOU ART NOT WORTHY OF JUDGING UNTIL YOU SEE SENSE." Rilifane thunders.

Caladus's ears were starting to ring slightly, and he remembered that mortals may not hear gods without there being consequences.

"Darkness is simply less light, and you can't carry it, it's not physical." Adamant said, trying to make the god speak longer, bode it into something... helpful "I think I sense a loop hole in your plan. If I put my sword into one of there heads, and didn't withdraw it, then healing the wound would simply seal my blade in their skull, causing imense pain. And then they would die, but you would restore them again, causing a loop of terrible suffering for them. Am I right?"

Edited by Brutii

Rilifane thinks for a moment. "It... could. However... "He shapeshifts from a gagantic shambling mound to the form of an old man with leafy clothing. "Why would you continue this? I have already told you that these two are innocent. Would you judge Drizzt unworthy? When he does all that he does? There are non evil drow, and I know you have suffered much, but I must tell you to not kill my follower. The woman, I may ASK, but as she is not my worshipper, I may not help her in the same ways. Were we closer to my temple in Suldanessalar, or within it, you would have simply been obliterated. Here, I must talk." Rilifane says.

Rilifane thinks for a moment. "It... could. However... "He shapeshifts from a gagantic shambling mound to the form of an old man with leafy clothing. "Why would you continue this? I have already told you that these two are innocent. Would you judge Drizzt unworthy? When he does all that he does? There are non evil drow, and I know you have suffered much, but I must tell you to not kill my follower. The woman, I may ASK, but as she is not my worshipper, I may not help her in the same ways. Were we closer to my temple in Suldanessalar, or within it, you would have simply been obliterated. Here, I must talk." Rilifane says.

"Your voice could speak the truth, or it could not. I have seen little proof that these two are innocent... well, tell a lie. I may have seen a bit but not enough. Find evidence. Should there be none, I get to put maggot holes in both of them. But provide me with evidence of their innocence, and... well, lets just see you get that evidence. What is the time?" Adamant asked

Edited by Brutii

"I do not have to prove myself to you, however.." Rilifane states, and waves his hands. Phantoms of people that had been saved by Caladus and Nawen appear. These are the people who have been saved by the actions of these two. I cannot summon them here, but I can show you." The phantoms number in the thousands. "And these shades, which are Red are those that have been harmed by their actions." 40 red phantoms appear. "I believe that this proves, does it not? Their actions help people, not harm them, and quite a few of the shades are evil Drow for Caladus, you may recognize one or two of them."

"I do not have to prove myself to you, however.." Rilifane states, and waves his hands. Phantoms of people that had been saved by Caladus and Nawen appear. These are the people who have been saved by the actions of these two. I cannot summon them here, but I can show you." The phantoms number in the thousands. "And these shades, which are Red are those that have been harmed by their actions." 40 red phantoms appear. "I believe that this proves, does it not? Their actions help people, not harm them, and quite a few of the shades are evil Drow for Caladus, you may recognize one or two of them."

"All have to prove themselves. Or die in the attempt" Adamant said, he nodded to the shades, than turned to face the drow "I..." then he turned back to Rilifane "Wait, how do I know you aren't trying to decieve me?"

"I am the God of Nature. I see no reason to lie to defend a defender of nature. Why do you persist?I have done as you asked, and given proof that they are good people. Why would you accuse me of lying? It would serve no constructive purpose here." Rilifane states. His face covered by a mossy wooden mask