Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Xallistine and Aricia nodded in unison. Aricia declined the gold, knowing she could buy what they needed, and then some with her own pouch. Xallistine gathered up a few coins, certain he could get a good bargain on the alchemical ingredients. This would be a dangerous mission, traversing the desert.. But after what they had faced, it was a mere hurdle. He smiled at the newcomer, and welcomed him to the group as the others did.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The waitress made two trips to the kitchen, bringing back oatmeal, honey, another loaf of bread, steak, fruit, vegetables and cheese. Smiling at the fellow who'd requested something "good and cheap", she said, "There's no need to worry about the cost, sir; it's all paid for. If there's anything else you folks want, please let me know." She took her leave of the group and headed back toward the kitchen.

A little while later, a red-eyed Echo returned from the Evergreen Hall and sat down at her companions' table. She seemed content merely to sit among them, although she kept stealing furtive glances at the stranger dressed like Xallistine.

Rhaine noticed Echo's countenance as she returned to the table. She had likely visited Mahira's grave again. The Doomguide knew that Echo was deeply saddened, but she could not do anything but wait for the halfling to open up on her own. It was a situation with which she and many others of her clergy were quite familiar. When the time came, though, Rhaine would be ready to counsel and listen.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Maydiira picked up a soiled cloth near her feet and realized that it was Mother Neerthara's magical blindfold. The corners of the white cloth were soaked in red blood.

She was in the process of sadly folding the sash when something suddenly struck the back of her head, and the world went black.

Tak'we felt a rush of nastalgia and excitement when he figured out that they were going to travel in the desert. It may not be the sands that his people walked, but he was looking forward to traveling upon it all the same. It will be good to journey upon sand again, he thought cheerfully. His mind raced through thoughts on how to prepare himself and his clutchmates for the harsh environment that they will soon be in.

He nodded his head in agreement with Rhaine's words. "The desert does indeed become cold at night. Thiss one lived among the desert sands for many moons, and knows how to survive in it. We'll need food, lots of water, clothes for softskins to shield against sand and sun...," he began listing, then frowned as he felt for his coinpurse. *Katcha-tck!* the thri'kreen cursed out loud by accident as he remembered he'd already spent the last of his coin so he could see his friends. *Tck!*

"Rhaine, thiss one had to pay the barkeeper just so this one could even find you all," Tak'we moaned, hanging his head low in despair. Berating himself for his bad luck, he sighed. "Ssorry, but thiss one can't afford the supplies needed."

Finally caving in due to hunger Tannin settled on eating on the groups coin, but not wanting to appear as a burden to the group so soon he wasn't going to even consider allowing them to buy his own equipment. "Suppose i'll go ahead and see if i can't find a decent clothing shop then. If i'm lucky i might be able to strike a deal with the shop owner, Get something a bit more appropriate for desert travel." He said standing up. "And a pack..... and a weapon.. a few other items..." He said suddenly remembering his condition. "No matter." He shrugged half speaking to himself. "I'll travel light." He said as he headed towards the door.

"Ah, supplies," said Echo. "I can pay for my share and yours, Tak'we; I'm glad to." Turning to Rhaine, she asked, "What else will we need? I'd like to help, if I may."

Rhaine gestured to the purses on the table, "My coin is yours...please, take what you need. As for anything else, the only thing I can think of is, perhaps, tents? They would have to be small, so that we may load them upon our horses' backs."

The Doomguide finished her small bread loaf and drained her wine glass, rising from her seat,"Whatever remains will have to wait until we see what is available at the market. Let's go then, shall we?"

Ianthe wolfed down her oatmeal and honey in what seemed like an even more brief amount of time than it had taken to set the bowl on the table, wiping her mouth with the back of a hand. The nymph then stood up with her bowl clattering noisily on the table. "Blankets! Right!"

Reona made a small exclamation as, before she could even perceive it, Ianthe had hooked an arm around hers and whisked her out the door.

Arva bit the inside of his cheek and sucked in his breath, swallowing his pride as he approached the man who he'd seen heal the other new guy. "Erm... Do you think you could heal something for me?"

Without waiting on a response, Arva unashamedly pulled up the leg of his loose trousers, exposing snowy, smooth flesh and stitched, pink wounds alike. It was well-cleaned and maintained, but wasn't healing fast enough to allow him free movement just yet without tearing. "I don't want to slow everyone down."

Alphonse waited for Arva, as the two had developed somewhat of a friendship through the past few days. He was at least sure that Arva wouldn't be peeping in the bath house instead of pitching in, given the day's events, and he was content with that.

--------------

Sana's tail gave a sharp twitch as she smiled at Ginafae. "Why, what a brilliant idea!"

She crouched low to the ground in excitement, tensing her muscles and purring a little. It had been a while since her last meal.

"Thankss." He nodded humbly in response to his friends' generosity,. "Tents will be needed." Tak'we agreed. He studied the clothes his companions were dressed in and shook his head. Softskins wouldn't survive in those, he thought. "You all need clothes more ssuitable for the desert. Especially you two," the thri'kreen gestured towards Weyland and Rhaine. "Your armor, though it protects you here, will only serve to roast you like black bird on a spit."

Groaning like a softskin weighed down by the world, he rose from his chair, hunched over as an old man. He hated having to hide himself like this, but not doing so wasn't an option here in town. "This old one's bones are stiff from all that sitting. Grand-daughter," he held out his covered arm to Echo, amusement trickling into his voice, "let's find some desert robes for everyone."

Echo grinned and got out of her chair. Taking hold of Tak'we's arm, she replied, "Very good idea, Grandfather. Robes ... and tents, of course. I'm happy to pitch in."

She wasn't in much of a mood for jest, but as is sometimes the case with puns, her words tumbled out before she knew what she was saying.