Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine had just taken her horse from the stable when Echo arrived with the tent delivery, asking about Xallistine.

She glanced up at the halfling, "Why yes, he was sitting with Aricia. Oh," she remembered that Echo had not seen the Ulitharid disguised before, "he has a magic scroll he uses when in town. It makes him look like an elf. That's why you thought you missed him."

The Doomguide then took one of the tents and lashed it to the back of her horse's saddle. At that moment, Amendale and Weyland arrived. Nodding to them, she opened her Bag of Holding and began divvying out equal portions of meat and bread. As she handed wrapped parcels to Echo and the two newcomers, she remarked, "Loudwater will be our final opportunity to fill our waterskins. I do hope we can acquire enough for ourselves and the horses."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weyland's practical side kicked in. "While we're at any water source, we should drink as much as we can as well as re-fill our waterskins, so that we delay the need to drink for a little while longer. Loudwater is no exception." He said, taking and carefully packing the supplies received from Rhaine. He was carrying almost an entire backpack full of water and food supplies, as Rhaine's supplies stacked up on top of the ones he had already bought earlier that day. "Alright, I got spare food and water, too. Can't carry much more, running out of room here." He strategically placed the heaviest items against the back of the backpack so that his own back would automatically support the weight. "By the way, in case you didn't know, if you pack the heavier supplies so that they're placed where your back will be, your back supports that weight all on its own, really helps if you need to carry a lot of stuff. Of course being experienced travelers I imagine you knew that much much already, but it doesn't hurt to make sure." He explained, strategically packing each item.

Amendale began packing his own supplies as well, not saying a word the entire time.

*Accidental double post due to internet glitch. Apologies.* Edited by Flipout6

Lokii growled to himself as he came in through the south gate. The infection of the demon's blood was heavy, making him weak. He could feel his stomach turn as the demon moved inside of him. It was a disgusting feeling he never got used to it. His stomach contorted and turned, the demon laughed in his mind to taunt him. He could sense his target nearby, her scent was heavy. Was the demon trying to tell him something?

He knew that he would have to follow by Barbabas' rules if he wanted his freedom, the scent was that of his target and as he approached he caught sight of Rhaine walking towards a fairly large group of people. The demon stirred in him again, the pain caused him to double over and drop to his knees. "Curse you spawn... leave me be." He said to himself as his body began to radiate demonic energy. "Be calm mortal, all will be revealed... " Taunted Barabas, the voice rung in his ears loud enough to cause him greater pain.

Lokii growled at his companion, to those around him he seemed to be talking to himself but he did not care, Barabas did not enjoy his defiance and moved again. This time forcing him to scream in pain, his body seethed with more demonic energy it became visible to those around him. Dark energy radiated from him, filling those around him with anger and rage brought on by Barabas' influence.

Already wearing his desert robes Tannin was readying his pack for the journey ahead. "Oh i don't know, I'd figure that when we got there I'd just fill my waterskin half way. Nothing like the threat of dehydration to keep your pace up." He said to Weyland in a sarcastic tone. " And i could make another snarky remark about the packing properly thing but that really is a bad habit of mine that i'm trying to put a stop to. I don't intend on insulting you though so i apologize if i do. I would say that it wouldn't happen again but it will knowing me. So I'll just go ahead and apologize for anything else that you might find insulting that might come from me in the future." He said wanting to avoid any hostilities. "But be warned, if you respond with wit, i might actually provoke you just to hear more." He said with a smile.

Weyland being Weyland immediately responded with wit. "Hey, why not fill it only a quarter? To truly capture that ominous feeling of doom we all know and love. Sounds like fun!" He sarcastically exaggerated an excited movement, then looked Tannin in the eye. "You're going to find it pretty damn hard to offend me, don't worry about it." As he said this, Weyland was ironically overcome with an overwhelming feeling of furious rage. Amendale was as well, although being an even-tempered fellow he wasn't hit as hard by it, especially once he figured out the source.

Weyland halted in his tracks, struggling to control this clearly arcane change of emotion. He gripped the hily of his sword and squeezed hard, using that as a way to funnel the anger out of his system. It worked well enough to stop him from doing anything rash. Amendale pointed at the figure that had just walked by.

"Warlock." He said simply, his voice touched with impatience. Weyland was amazed that he both managed to discern such a fact and that he could keep his anger under such control. "Doesn't appear to be radiating this aura purposefully."

Tak'we walked along with Echo at first, helping with getting various supplies. He noticed a small vendor next to the tailor shop selling various liquors and potions. Hmmm, I wonder if they have moon wine there, he thought. It was the sacred wine blessed by Mother Moon that thri'kreen drank when they become of age, but Tak'we never got to go through the rituals, as he'd been a slave during that time. Then the thri'kreen had startling realization that his birth moon was coming up soon! Has it really been that long? He'd completely forgotten about it, since it had been so long since he last celebrated it. Well, this time I won't miss it. Especially not such a special one at that. It would be his first birthmoon since he'd gained his freedom, and he wanted to actually experience it for once. With an eagerness that nearly threatened to give him away, Tak'we walked over to the wineseller while his companion found suitable desert clothing.

"Excuse this old one," the thri'kreen rasped as he shuffled hunchbacked up to the man behind the counter, " would you happen to have any moon-blessed wine? It'ss for a very important occasion." The clerk furrowed one eyebrow a bit as he studied the old monk. Why would a priest of Selune be asking a common cheap wineseller for sacred wine? Maybe the old man's become a bit senile, he thought, then shrugged his concerns away. Oh well, a customer's a customer. "I don't know about sacred wine, but if you're interested, I happen to have a bottle wine that may be close to it. Just a moment." The man disappeared behind his counter then came back a short while later, carrying a small fine glass bottle. "Here you go. It's called moondrop. Supposedly, the elves make it from a special dew and let it brew in pure moonlight." Tak'we accepted the bottle, holding it gingerly. Brewed in moonlight? Well, I guess it will do.

"Ah, thankss. That will do nicely." He paid the man with the gold Rhaine let him borrow and left with the wine snuggled softly in his robes in time to see Echo finishing up at the clothing shop. He followed after her and eventually showed up at the gates where Rhaine was waiting with the horses. *Tck* "Sorry about lagging behind, Echo. There was a...personal matter that thiss one had to see to." He looked at the supplies that had been gathered so far and nodded. "Very good. Once the city hass been left behind, thiss one will help with carrying the supplies." Tak'we was also glad that they were leaving soon. He'd felt like he was being watched the whole time since they left the inn. He was just about to say so when he heard the screaming. What iss that!?" he voiced worriedly, unwilling to expose his identity here.

-----------------------------------------

"That's it, alright." one thug whispered, eyeing the cloaked figure by the gates that was holding the large staff mentioned in the bounty. He looked at his employer, the Calashite who'd hired them to help collect the bounty, unbelieving of his boss' description of the thri'kreen. "That killed thirty-some men? Look at it, it can barely even stand! I bet I could crush it with one hit!" Azhad the slaver cuffed the rogue with a stiff backhand, hissing at him to be quiet. "Fool, that thing is a battle-scarred pit animal. It'll rip your arms off and beat you to death with them before you could spit, so stop being an imbecile and shut up." He shook his head at the hired blade's stupidity, annoyed for having to even deal with such lowlifes.

When Azhad heard from an informant that a cloaked figure that had a hissing voice and had a gythka was in the vicinity, he ordered one of his remaining men to follow the thri'kreen. His spy reported back sometime later that Tak'we was traveling with the adventurers that chased the Calashite off and that they were planning to travel in the desert. He wasn't happy about that particular piece of information and was forced to hire more mercenaries to help deal with the Doomguide and her companions. If only that cursed harpy hadn't interfered! Now he had to hire a bunch of lackwits and idiots to help recapture the creature. "Let them go for now. In the meantime, prepare the men. We'll ambush them in the desert." Azhad regarded his prey as it stood by the gates. I'll get you, slave. Just like I got your clan. He lingered a moment longer, then left the alley he stood in, relishing the thought of the tortures he'd inflict on the thri'kreen after killing its newly found friends.

Lokii looked up at the man that seemed to shake off Barabas' influence, the pain of the demonic blood became greater. His body began to contort and convulse as the demon toyed with him and laughed at him. "Let go of me! I will not give in you cursed demon!" He thought as his body and muscles began to convulse and his bones began to crack under the strain. His muscles tore and his blood started to darken. The Demon Blood was killing him and he knew it yet he was powerless. He stared into the strangers eyes, hating that he was defenseless and surrounded by enemies.

"I...mean...no...harm." He said as he struggled with speech between bouts of raw torment. His body seemed as if it was tearing itself apart.

Rhaine whirled when she heard a scream. There, approaching them, was a githyanki...but something was wrong with him. The hairs prickled on the back of her neck; he radiated energy from the Lower Planes.

As he neared, he seemed to be affecting both Weyland and Amendale adversely. Almost reflexively, she silently cast a Protection from Evil spell.

What is a githyanki doing here? she thought. I thought they gave up the hunt a long time ago...

Keeping her hand on her sword hilt, she asked, "What is a githyanki doing here, so far from the Astral Plane?"

Lokii growled in pain as he felt the demon stir, his insides were on fire. The pain rocketing through his body, his eyes began to glow as the demon spoke for him. "I am Barabas, Exiled Lord Of Hell. This is my slave, he will be my vessel. I offer you his services in exchange for a future item that you will come across. Do not ask what it is, that is not for you to know. Do you accept this agreement?" Spoke the demon, the demons voice coming from his mouth was a new experience for Lokii. His body began to contort again as Barabas moved inside of him, black spiderweb like veins appears along his flesh as the demon poured his toxic blood into his body. He could feel his heart pounding inside of him. Eldricht energy began to burn from him as Lokii resisted the demons torment.

"I will not be bartered like some cheap slave!" He thought as his own power began to manifest and burn off the demonic blood. Barabas laughed him off, "Foolish slave! You will do as I command of you or there will be consequences!" Growled the demon in anger, the faint spirits of a Githyanki woman and a small Githyanki child appeared in front of him, wreathed in flame and screaming in torment. "You will remember our pact Warlock, you sought power from me and you paid the price... You wish for your soul and that of your families returned you will do as I command!" Yelled the demon inside his head, and with that his act of defiance was stamped out. Unholy chains erupted from the ground and wrapped around his body and neck.

"Resist no further Warlock, you know who will pay for your defiance!" Yelled Barabas through his voice. The spectacle drew much attention, Lokii relented his rebellion. He could not let his pride make his family suffer. "I will do as you command, Master." He said reluctantly, as he did so the demons influence released and he went silent for a time. He got to his feet slowly, softly as his body was still very weak. He looked up to Rhaine as he stood, "My master wishes an answer..." he spoke between heavy breaths.

Edited by Macman253