Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine's emerald eyes narrowed. Githyanki this man may be, but he was obviously being tormented by inner demons...literally. She had little love for the githyanki, but she had even less for the tanar'ri.

She looked down at the gith, "Your 'master' has no power or influence over me. I do not make deals with demons..."

The Doomguide then leaned over the kneeling man, staring daggers into his eyes, at the demon within, "...but I do exorcise them."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lokii's eyes glowed as the demon spoke once again, "Kelemvor has blessed you Chosen, but to exorcise me requires more then holy power... Barabas is only one of my names. I was once called The Prince Of Demons. I offer you this Chosen, you take no pity on the Gith but this slave will follow you, he will do as I tell him to and whatever you command of him. Despite your feelings he will do as he is told, he has far more to loose then you may know." Explained Barabas, Lokii finally stood to his full height, his large greatsword acting as a cane. He forced himself to kneel before the woman, his large runic gauntlet over his chest. "I ask that you accept his bargain... if you do not. I will be to the subject of his wrath..." He said as he peered into her eyes, "You are known to my people but I am also in exile from them. When I made the pact my families blood signed the agreement. Aswell as half the souls of my people..." Lokii explained as he lowered his head, an act of submission he despised. He swore that he would never bow before anyone and now he is forced to do a demons bidding and become the slave of a Chosen Of Kelemvor, a renowned slayer of Gith. Lokii's hand rested on the greatsword, the hilt had a large skull imbedded into it. The eyes of the skull glowed, the demonic energy that once came from him now resided in the skull.

On a rooftop nearby, overlooking the scene.

Jazeera watched as the Traitor bowed before the Chosen, her black rage fueling the fires of vengeance that burned inside of her. She remembered the demon that walked inside the Gith before her. The Forever Exiled, The Eternal Planeswalker... He has been called many names but to his people he is The Betrayer, Lokii. The Gith woman watched, her hands rested on the hilts of a pair of silvered blades. Her masters called for his heart and the demon within him, Demogorgon. She turned to heed her masters call, slipping into a cloud of black and fading from view. "My plans are coming to fruition..." She thought as she ordered the Gith assassins to strike.

A feeling of dread crawled up Lokii's spine as he felt them come, The Black Order. He quickly stood, his vigor renewed. Four large black clouds hit the earth nearby and black leather clad Gith men stepped out carrying various weapons of assassination. The lead drew a slightly curved blade and held it in an inversed position. "Jazeera sends her farewells Planeswalker!" He yelled before his men charged at Lokii. Lokii growled and raised his hand, the first he gripped under his telekinetic grip and flung skyward. Another drew his blades and charged, slicing at him wildly but Lokii was faster, moving around the attacked and parrying them with his greatsword, he wielded it as if it was made of air. When the Gith Assassin's blades struck the silvered metal dark purple sparks spewed from the weapon. The eyes of the skull radiated dark energy and the runes on Lokii's gauntlet began to glow brightly. The Assassin pressed the attack but he pressed to hard, as he sliced at Lokii's chest he left his abdomen exposed. With a quick movement bordering on near invisible speeds Lokii parried the strike and speared the assassin on the large blade.

The leader of the assassins clapped his hands and mock saluted, "You truly are a great swordsmen Planeswalker, such skill is befitting The Betrayer. Tell me? When you lead our people against the Ilithid's and freed us did you always plan to betray us or was it just simple opportunity?" Asked the assassin, clearly taunting Lokii. Lokii burned with anger, "I never betrayed our people! I made my mistake and my family paid the price for it... the destruction of our people was unforeseen to me." He replied, his face full of regret as he says this to the assassin. "The Black Order has been hunting you for sometime, only a few remain who were there those many centuries ago... You are merely a frightening tale we tell our children now. But some remain who know and still hunt. We will meet again Lokii. On that day... one of us will fall." Taunted the Assassin as he and his remaining companion vanished in the same cloud of darkness that brought them here. Lokii sheathed his sword as he sensed they had left this plane.

"Damn them..." He said to himself as he turned to Rhaine. He strapped his sword to his back and folded his arms across his chest, "Do you see now Chosen Of Kelemvor? I am not your enemy, I am hunted just as much as you are... but by a greater threat. I must clear my name and only by siding with you and your companions can I exile this demon from within me and return the souls of my family... I ask of you not as an enemy, not as a demon but as a fellow Warrior." He offered his gauntleted hand to her, waiting for her reply.

Rhaine watched the battle unfold and end in a matter of seconds. Her hand still on her sword hilt, she glanced at the gith's hand and back to his face, "Look. I pity your situation, I really do. Yet, you bring not only a demon into our midst, but assassins, as well? I have had enough of your people chasing me all over Faerun, for one reason or another."

She paced back and forth, "You made the mistake of dealing with this demon, and now you want my help to get out of it. What kind of repercussions will come from my helping you if Barabas is allowed what he wants? I may save you, but in so doing, I may damn Faerun. Who in the Hells are you to put me in this position?"

The Doomguide shook her head, "The decision whether or not you can come with us is not mine alone to make. The rest of you," she gestured to her companions, "what are your thoughts?"

When Rhaine explained about the Ulitharid's scroll, Echo grinned sheepishly, but didn't mention that she'd thought a fellow thief had landed in their midst. The "elf" wearing Xallistine's robes didn't steal them after all, she thought, and if such had been the case, Rhaine and the others certainly would've had something to say about it. Foolish, foolish me.

She gratefully accepted the wrapped parcels of food and began rearranging the rest of her belongings to fit them in. "Thank you," she said, "and please let me know how much my share has cost so I can repay you."

At that moment, Tak'we approached and apologized for having lagged behind; Echo shook her head, and smiled up at him. "Think nothing of it," she said. She felt very curious about his "personal matter", but didn't want to be nosy.

As she worked on securing her gear, a man who had come in through the southern gates nearby suddenly screamed. She jumped, looking around for the source of the noise, feeling an inexplicable urge to draw one of her weapons and put out someone's eye with it - friend or foe, it didn't seem to matter which. The strength of her fury was bewildering; she put a hand to the hilt of her dagger and was fighting the desire to draw it from its sheath when Weyland said, "Warlock."

She watched, horrorstruck, as the stranger grappled with whatever fiend it was that had him in its grip. His exchange with Rhaine provided some insight as to what was happening to him, but the knowledge did little to diminish the halfling's rage. She shut her eyes and struggled until her feelings of anger began to dissipate. At that moment, she heard the sounds of battle before her, and her mare squealing in terror. Her eyes flew open, and without a thought for anything else, she projected, Don't fight me - follow! She latched onto White-Nose's halter and successfully pulled her out of harm's way.

Echo did her best to calm her frightened mare, keeping her at a safe distance until the skirmish was over: the warlock's attackers vanished as abruptly as they had appeared. Breathing heavily and shaking with reaction, she listened to the man speaking with Rhaine, and led her reluctant mare back toward their companions.

She wanted to tell the Doomguide that she thought their path through the Anauroch would be imperiled enough without the warlock, his inner demon, and the assassins chasing him, but was too overwrought to speak.

Looking to Weyland Tannin shook his head and sighed with a smile. "Well there's some hope for you yet, with a little work you might actually be an enjoyable traveling companion." He watched the events with the Githyanki with slight interest. When Rhaine asked for opinions he spoke up. "I say we let him come with us." He said seemingly unfazed by the fact that he was looking right at the old prince of demons. "Possessed companions make the most interesting ones. And it could be worse. He could be possessed by a devil as well. Wouldn't that make for an interesting night? Little bit of the blood war right in front of our own front door. But no i say take pity on the poor fellow. Worse comes to worst. He'll only get most of us killed. Best? Well.... He can carry more stuff? That and we might get an answer as to why something so powerful would bother possessing something as.. well common as a gith. Or am i the only one who finds that interesting?" He asked looking around at the others.

Tak'we clicked thoughtfully, studying the githyanki. His exoskeleton was itching from the effects of the demonic aura, and so was hesitant at first to even consider trusting this outsider. But... he has suffered much, and so have his clutchmates... That much was plain to the thri'kreen, familiar with such pain. He turned to Rhaine, a knowing look in his eyes. "Thiss one was a slave for many moons. No one deserves that fate. This one thinks that you should help him," Tak'we spoke, then took on an icy tone as he regarded the warlock. "Even though he was a fool for dealing with the dark spirits."

Something about what Tannin said made an alarm go off in Rhaine's head.

All is not what it seems, she thought.

This demon...'Barabas', as it called itself...was far too quick to to wheel and deal. It was a trait that was uncharacteristic for a demon...in fact, it was far more likely behavior for a devil. However, the Doomguide could not be certain as to what Barabas truly was without seeing or interacting with him personally. He cloaked himself in mystery and hid behind the skin of a gith; he might be what he said he was, or he might not be. This uncertainty bothered her greatly.

She sighed, "Fine. You can come with us...for now. But if this...demon...or your pursuers causes any one of my companions to die, you will die as well. Do I make myself clear?"

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Lokii nodded, "I swear, on my families souls that I will do everything in my power to prevent that." Lokii knew that Rhaine was fiercely protective of her companions. The Thri-Kreen was interesting to him. Compassionate yet stern, traits he knew well and respected in a warrior. Lokii looked to the sky, feeling the changing winds. He couldn't help feel the darkness gather. But the threat of evil was always present, his people knew that well. Even though his powers stem from dark places he silently vowed to use them to defeat the evil that beset him and his new allies.

Barabas menacing chuckles filled his mind, "The Doomguide knows more then she is letting on, she has doubts as to my word. I can respect that, Go my slave, follow her and her companions and find those artifacts. It is the only way you will be freed of your Infernal Contract and the souls of your family are restored. Do NOT fail me slave." Threatened the demon. Lokii nodded, acknowledging Barabas' command. "Tell me more of you and this Blood War?" He asked, the demon stirred within him. "I shall not speak of myself but The Blood War is the war between Demons and Devils, a war between the Lower Planes. Demons and Devils have battled for territory and sport for eons. At times it spills over into the mortal planes but rarely we travel there unless summoned by a misguided mortal being seeking power... such as yourself." He explained, despite his disgust of mortals he knew that Lokii needed to know whatever he could to aid him.

"Tell me of the two artifacts I must recover, the dagger and the amulet?" He asked the demon, Barabas moved once again but only slightly. "The Dagger is rumored to be in the hands of the leader of a guild of assassins, the amulet I cannot detect... It may not be on this plane but its power is great and useful to you. The Dagger of Torxul on the other hand should be your target. The dagger is a ritual blade, used in some of the darkest rituals in the Nine Hells. It has gathered countless souls and would be a powerful weapon on the planes of hell." Lokii thought long and hard on this subject. Feeling the Cursed Blood In him weaken him further he decided to rest. Barabas went silent and he turned to Rhaine. "Might I ask where I could go to stay? I must meditate and rest, the Cursed Blood is taxing me..." He asked.

Rhaine shook the gith's hand, feeling a slight prickle of power from...whatever it was inside him, "Aye...the Dreaming Dragon has rooms. But we're leaving for Loudwater in an hour or so...we cannot delay."

With that, she turned to Tak'we and Tannin, handing them their own portions of the food she had bought.

"In other words, sleep fast." Tannin said to the gith with a smirk. He then turned and took the provisions that Rhaine was handing him. "Do remind me to pay you back as soon as i am able. And i won't take no for an answer, I always pay back what i owe even if you don't think i owe you anything. I find that unpayed debts cause no end of trouble." He said adding the food to his pack. "So, out of curiosity. What exactly is the purpose of this journey? I would have suggested that we go around the desert but you seem to be in a bit of a hurry. Are we tracking a villain of some sorts? Rescuing an old friend? Saving a kingdom? All sorts of possibilities are going through my head and I'd rather put a stop to it before my imagination gets the better of me."