Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine merely laughed aloud at Tannin's reaction. Glancing to Weyland, she replied with a grin, "Oh, just everything about you, is all."

Sori finished plaiting the Doomguide's hair rather quickly; Rhaine thanked the girl and moved back into her tent to dress. Packing her armor into her Bag of Holding, she donned only her boots and her newly acquired robes. The lack of armor made her feel more than a little vulnerable, and she wondered if Weyland felt the same - she hoped that they wouldn't be met with hostility further down the road.

Sighing, Rhaine belted Touch of Death over her lightweight robes and emerged from the tent once more, starting to break it down and pack it up just as Amendale began cooking breakfast. Maeve and Bilron had already attended to the oxen, and they were now refilling the animals' water barrels for the final time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maydiira awoke to a strange smell. The sun was already up, glaring down on her with a searing intensity. She hissed with a sharp intake of breath, rubbing her sensitive ebon skin, her white wings curling around her body protectively. Looking around, she noticed that her fire had burnt out, so the smell wasn't coming from there...

She slowly stood, following the odd scent until she stumbled across a main thoroughfare. Not far off the road, an odd man was brewing some sort of concoction. That must have been it. The Favored Soul watched as the man drank the potion and closed his eyes, seemingly unaware that a drow was observing him. Maydiira turned around with all the intentions of continuing along the road...

...but something stopped her. Perhaps this man could help her, tell her where she was. It was unlikely that he would - she was prepared to meet curses and even a naked blade - but she had to try.

In an attempt not to surprise him, she called, "Ah, pardon goodsir-"

Her accented voice caught in her throat, and she realized she was still quite thirsty. She smiled weakly at the man.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it grew warmer and dryer, Tak'we grew more cheerful and energetic, despite his sadness at Echo's departure, and was clicking and whistling a tune no one could follow or understand. His spirits had grown so much in fact that the thri'kreen had taken up twice as much supplies than what he'd been carrying in the stone villages, the weight not seeming to burden the mantis warrior. When he saw the desert ahead of them, he paused, nostalgia, excitement, and curiosity blending together in his mind.

*Tck!* "It isss good to sssee warm sssandsss again," Tak'we spoke in earnest as the group settled down for the night.

The thri'kreen watched the others with quiet interest, listening so he could learn more about his companions. He shook his head as he watched Bard spit on Tannin and then storm off. Softskins, he thought, no control...

Tak'we perked up when he heard Weyland talk about something called Sana, and how she liked to take slaves. He hissed quietly, realizing that the softskin was speaking from experience. I share your pain, Weyland, the thri'kreen thought silently, then laughed at the man's joke, understanding why he didn't want to talk about his past and so he didn't press the subject.

Tak'we enjoyed the tales of his companions. He didn't quite understand most of what the softskins shared with one another, but they seemed to enjoy the stories, so Tak'we wasn't bothered much by his ignorance. He devoured the fish when it was done, savoring the spices. He wished his clutchmates good-night as they went to bed one by one, then took up a silent watch during the night.

The thri'kreen was bewildered at how long softskins rested as Mighty Sun rose in the sky. The sun had been up for a long time before most of them had woken up. He watched in amusement as Tannin stumbled over his own tongue. After Rhaine left to get dressed, the thri'kreen poked fun at the embarrassed softskin as the man soaked himself in water again. *Sss-sss!* "Hey,Tannin," he dead-panned. "You almost smell like a softskin in mating season." Then, unable to control it anymore, Tak'we burst into hissing laughter, walking away as he did so, and began getting his pack together once more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"--No!" Kalin burst awake inside his tent, his body soaked in sweat and a choked scream caught in his throat. He was having a nightmare again. The nightmare. "Damnation... and always at the end of my rest, too..." the soulknife muttered as he rose from his bedroll and went outside, wincing at the bright light. The elan pulled out a water skin from his pack and poured a small amount onto his eyes to wake himself up faster, then proceeded to get dressed and packed, eager to move on to Neverwinter.

He'd been traveling in the desert for three tendays now. "You'll get there soon enough," Kalin told himself. "Neverwinter isn't exactly going to gone anytime soon, now is it?" With that being said, the soulknife picked up his pack and continued walking west.

The elan busied his mind with weapon-crafting to help take his mind off of the reason for his westward journey, and was listing old smithing skils when he noticed a caravan up ahead. Hmm... what have we here? he wondered, and began walking towards the group.

"Greetings and salutations!" the soulknife called out once he stood at the edge of the camp. "May I enter the camp?" Kalin asked politely, hands out in a peaceful gesture. Please, be a friendly bunch, he prayed silently. The last group of 'travelers' he met hadn't seemed to be in a good mood for guests. And really, it's just too early for a fight...

Tannin surfaced just in time to hear Tak'we's remark, further increasing his embarrassment and intensity of his blushing. "I'm just gonna... go... Start... THINGS!" He yelled before stomping back over to his tent to break it down and pack it up. "We eating on the trip or does someone wanna start cooking up more fish?" He called out hoping to change the mood. His wish was soon granted however as a newcomer approached their camp.

-------------------------------

Kento let out an aggravated sigh. Breaking from his meditation he looked up at the Drow with his usual scowl. "A dangerous road for a woman to walk alone." He said as he took his waterskin and handed it to her. "More so for a drow. How well can your deity protect you from a blade.. or arrow favored one?" He asked her. Not needing to mentally prod her mind for information. Wings weren't a normal part of the Drow anatomy so it wasn't a reach in logic for the answer to come to him.

Rhaine glanced to the side and noticed a stranger approaching them, hands up in a sign of peace. She finished rolling up her tent and moved to where she could see him better, "So long as you mean us no ill, you are welcome here. What is your name, stranger?"

--------------------------------------------------

Maydiira was a bit taken aback by this man's calmness...and kindness. She tentatively took the waterskin and drank a little, but not too much so as not to be impolite.

After clearing her throat, she replied, "Lady Eilistraee has protected me from death countless times. So long as one is true to her, she provides both sword and shield."

Handing the waterskin back to him, she took a slight bow, "I am Maydiira Torana. A pleasure to meet you, and thank you for your kindness. It is rare to encounter someone who will set aside prejudices and hold judgments until later. I do not wish to impose upon you, but might you be able to tell me where we are? I am afraid I have gotten myself lost in these woods."

---------------------------------------------------

Ginafae's instincts were correct. The shallow tunnels led underneath the city, and one branch went right into the cellar of the local smith, judging by all of the armor and weapons on display.

"Dumo l' veldrin whol udossta ap'zen," the drow whispered. Glancing to Arland, she jerked her thumb at the cellar door and added, "You first, jaluk."

Kalin studied his surroundings as he walked into the camp, unable to suppress his warrior's instincts. He measured up each member of the caravan, and quickly concluded that, if a fight broke out, he'd be in a sorry state. Thank Lathandar that they're firendly, he thought. relieved. If they wanted to fight, I wouldn't be abl- By the gods...

The elan gave a slight start as the woman speaking to him came fully into his view. She had wings, which surprised him to some extent, but that's not what shocked the soulknife. It was her face. It seemed very... familiar. Where have I seen that face before... he wondered, his violet eyes staring at the half-elf's face for a brief moment.

"Oh, I am Kalin Orus, milady," Kalin responded quickly, bowing slightly towards Rhaine and hoping that he hadn't offended her. "And you needn't worry about any trouble on my part," he said with a smile, trying to regain his composure. "I am quite capable of behaving myself." He approached the winged half-elf, holding out a hand in greetings towards her. "May I have the pleasure of your name, milady?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tak'we studied the newcomer with suspicion. Something didn't seem quite right to the thri'kreen. The stranger just seemed off, unnatural almost.

The thri'kreen stood by one of the wagons just out of sight of the stranger, waiting to see what Rhaine will do.

Edited by GrueMaster

Tannin watched the newcomer suspiciously. "People just keep wandering on up to us. Guess Rhaine's got that way about her, brings in all kinds of people left and right." He thought as he finished rolling up his tent.

Kento took the waterskin back. "If that is what you truly believe.. Then i both envy.. And pity you." He then started to pack up his things. "And lady Maydiira we... are near a road. What the road is called and where it leads i do not know. I am merely on it because it leads in the direction of my target. You are looking for refuge and i cannot say you will find it on this road. But then i cannot say that you won't either."

Weyland kept his eye on the newcomer, briefly introducing himself, but wasn't particularly wary considering how quickly he would be taken down if he tried anything. This wasn't a camp full of farmers, these people could fight. Amendale simply watched the figure silently, not saying a word. He wasn't in any sort of talkative mood (when was he ever?) but held no animosity towards the stranger. He didn't move from his spot in the sand, but observed both the stranger and the horizon.

-----------------------------------------

Arland nodded, and crept as silently as he could into the smith's shop, appreciating the craftsmanship of some of the weapons but not slowing down. He made his way in, keeping his footfalls light and being cautious not to tread on anything that would make a noise. He didn't hear anybody upstairs, which was a relief, but he wasn't going to take any chances. He moved into the corner and took cover behind a barrel, beckoning Sana and Ginafae to follow him in, keeping an ear out for any activity.

"I don't hear anybody upstairs." He said lowly. Whispering was sharp and increased the chance of being heard as opposed to simply speaking very quietly, which is what Arland did. One could be standing by the stairs and they likely wouldn't hear him.

Edited by Flipout6

Maydiira threw her hands into the air. Great. The last landmark she had seen was Shadowdale, but she had gotten turned around several times since then, and she had no idea if the road led to it or not.

The drow sighed, "Well...whoever you are...would you mind a bit of company? I would rather not travel in the open alone. Though I have done so many times before, I feel...a bit vulnerable now."

---------------------------------------------------------

Ginafae kept to the shadows, clinging to the walls like a spider. She moved behind Arland and put her ear to the wall. After a moment, she grinned at the man, her teeth sparkling in the dark, "Snoring...the owner is asleep. Kill him quickly and we can claim the place for our own."

"Ahh, the Knight-Captain of Crossroad Keep. It's a pleasure to meet you, milady," Kalin spoke as he shook Rhaine's hand firmly yet gently. "A friend of mine in the Blade Walkers Guild mentioned you once. He was going on how he wished some of his lieutenants could command their men half as well as you did."

"As to why I'm in the neighborhood, I am dealing with a...family matter, so to speak." It was a painful topic for him, so the elan quickly shifted back to the Chosen. "And you?" he looked past her at the wagons and horses behind her. "You and yours look as though you plan to travel through the Anauroch. What brings a Chosen of Kelemvor to such a lovely paradise?"