Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Amendale considered Rhaine's advice, eventually nodding and staying quiet. Somebody cast an even stronger dispel on Xallistine than he would have been able to produce, so he didn't do much other than smirk with amusement at Hexol's antics.

"So as it turns out a human Xallistine has a big bushy beard?" Arland commented.

"Well that's what it looks like." Weyland agreed. "Weird."

"Effective disguise." Amendale chimed in, and then chimed out just as quickly.

When they reached the town, the Grey brothers unsurprisingly were the first from the group to reach the bar. What was surprising was that they didn't order a particularly large amount of alcoholic beverages, preferring instead to order as much bacon as they could stomach and then some. Then they dug in, not trying to eat it faster than the other but simply enjoy one of Faerun's wonders.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After stabling their horses near the inn, Rhaine and Conall both set about getting some food of their own. It was difficult to say the least. The inn was jam-packed with customers, and the two were informed that several food items and drinks had already been completely depleted. There were a few more taverns in the town, but they, too, were running low on supplies, according to the innkeeper. Apparently the tournament had drawn more visitors than Sarshel was prepared for. Needless to say, tempers were starting to flare, and an extra regiment of guards had to be put on duty to keep everyone in line.

The Doomguide did manage to acquire directions to the fairgrounds, and she double-checked her map as she and Conall sat down to enjoy some smoked fish and mixed greens. Thankfully, the place was only a mile or so northwest of the town.

Kyran slowly opened the creaking front door to the inn. With his usual leather bag over his shoulder, he walks towards the barkeep and orders a mug of ale. The elf then sits down at the table where Rhaine is present. The barkeep arrives with his ale and elf takes a quick sip. Kyran had obvious look of extreme exaustion.

"Y'know, I've never actualy been at a fair. I didn't travel much and a fair never came to my town. What is there to do there? Sounds like an enjoyable place." - he says as he drinks more from his mug.

"I'll take porridge if you've got any..." Ianthe said as she got an odd look from the nearest table.

"We got meat and we got vegetables," the barkeep's wife growled out as she lit a pipe with a flame produced from her fingertip, probably the strongest spell she could muster at her age.

"Excuse me," said a voice from behind. A prudish looking man in a red cloak offered to buy Ianthe some porridge from a nearby tavern and the barkeep's wife bustled her way into the kitchen, grumbling about having to get into the breakfast food during supper.

"Well, now that that's settled, I'd very much like to know you... What would I call a fair creature such as yourself?" he said, Ianthe looking bewildered as the man took her hand and kissed it.

Out of nowhere, a fist launched itself through the hair and punched the red-cloaked man right in the jaw. "She's called my wife."

Arva took Ianthe by the shoulders and ferried her over to the table, where a plate of vegetables was sitting ready for her to eat.

The barkeep's wife walked in, carrying a bowl of porridge and staring at the man whose mouth was bleeding all over her floor, "Oi, what am I supposed to do with this?"

As Shalena assumed that most of the company hadn't exactly forgiven her and her crew for taking them as hostages or at least trying to, she mostly stayed with her crew as well as chatting up some rather shady looking characters hanging out in the darker corners of the tavern they stayed in.

Nawen on the other hand stayed close to her friends. Something about crowded places made her feel uncomfortable and she hadn't tried to hide it. She walked around the common room looking at the posters and flyers.

"Other than compete?" Conall replied to Kyran, as Rhaine seemed absorbed in her map for the time being, "Walk around, enjoy the atmosphere, listen to bards play, shop for trinkets, eat, that sort of thing."

Finding himself an empty chair Tannin happily sank into it. He found the incident with lanthe and now bloody mouthed man rather humorous. "Now now children, play nice." He said with a smirk. He never could understand why some men found it insulting when another man finds their wives attractive. He was prone to taking it as a compliment and felt that anyone who worried about their woman leaving them because some random guy started flirting with her then they were better off without her. And considering that monogamous relationships were rather uncommon where Tannin lived, He didn't see much of a problem with the woman spending the night with another man, though he personally preferred not to know about it whenever it happened.

------------

Azuris let out a sigh as he sat down at Rhaine's table. "Could we just once find an Inn that's nice and quiet? These places give me a headache." He grumbled.

---------

Hexol meanwhile had gotten lost in the crowd, stopping and chatting with anyone and everyone, his pockets bulging out more and more as time went on.

Allowing Quarylene time to outfit herself aptly from the broad selection of flawless weaponry on display, Ravenna looked sidelong at the former Matron with a slight frown, in contemplation. Ravenna had no trouble analysing their current situation, she needed an army of mortal servitors if she was to complete her goals upon the Prime- All of hells legions bar a few were embroiled in the vicious cycle of the Blood War, which was unfortunately an annoyance Ravenna could not overcome. But her current focus was not the grandeur of her scheme... it was the loyalty of those around her.

"Tell me." Ravenna began. "How you wish I fulfil my end of this bargain. I was not lying when I told you that Lolth's influence was a string to be severed, however it is a task of great difficulty. I had originally intended to string you along for a duration, but you are not like the Orc, I cannot manipulate you through words and half-hearted promises... and neither are you like my dear apprentice, who a promise is enough as long as the bargain is fulfilled in the end- which it has been, but you strike me as woman who requires action, not a well-woven display of power." Pausing, Ravenna crossed her arms.

"The unmatched splendour of your new equipment will sate you for a week perhaps, but then you will simply grow used to it, as you have tasted a fraction of finery alike to this in your days of power... No, you are not a vassal I may buy loyalty from, you require my promise to be met promptly. So tell me, what is it you wish of the Devil Queen?"

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

"Sounds like a fun place to be." - said the elf with a slight smirk as he finnished off his remaining ale. - "Ugh, I think I'll go rent a room. It's been a long day, and I'm tired..."

Kyran got up from his chair, grabbed the leather bag, containing the remains of his undead companion, and went to speak with the inkeeper about a room. The inn had a quiet a calm atmosphere at this hour, save for that small fight that just happened. The dimly lit common area even looked very calming. Strange how the small things can greatly improve to an otherwise seedy looking place such as this. "Hopefully it will stay that way" - thought the elf. His mind was occupied with thoughts on what he would do at the fair tomorow., as he was climbing up the stairs to his room.

"Y'know...someone ought to invent a recipe that combines ale and...lemons, and...bacon." - said Kyran, in an unusual tone, to nobody in particular as he traversed the establishment he was in.

The elf reached his rented room, and opened the door. The room was nothing to look at; just the usual lower class furniture. Currently the only light in the room was the faint moonlight coming from the slightly dusty window, next to the bed. The necromancer lit a small candle that was on a table.

Kyran walked over to the bed and sat on it. He also placed the leather sack infront of him, on the floor, and opened it up.

"It should be safe now, Ivan"

" About time. Been stuck in there for weeks...."

The bones that were in the bag began to connect each other, slowly forming a full skeleton. Ivan then streched his arms and legs and took a few paces around the small room, before sitting on an old wooden chair.

"The sooner you tell them everything, the better." - said Ivan.

"I know, I know. It's just that...I don't think Lady Rhaine will like the idea of having a necromancer and an undead skeleton on thier party. And besides we-"

Kyran's sentence was cut short by a middle aged man opening the door to the room and looking inside.

"Oh, I'm sorry, i thoguht this room wasn't taken. Sorry for bothe-" - he noticed the moving skeleton, sitting on a chair, and a black robed figure sitting on the bed. The man let out a scream of fear as he ran down the stairs and right out of the inn.

"Can't wait to see how this turns out..." - said the elf in a sarcastic tone.

Edited by spyro1201

Conall watched with wide blue eyes as a man ran screaming through the inn from upstairs. Rhaine exchanged glances with the paladin and Azuris, "Kyran just went up there!"

The two rose swiftly and jogged upstairs, hands on their weapons as they found the room that Kyran chose...

The Doomguide's hackles rose as she saw a skeleton...an animated skeleton...sitting casually in a chair just as casually as the elf sat on the bed nearby.

Conall's voice came out as a threatening growl, "I knew something was off about you..."

Glancing back and forth between the undead and Kyran, Rhaine's own tone was a mixture of shock and outrage, "You're a necromancer! You foul deceiver...you and your minion must be cleansed!"

Her eyes flashed as she drew her sword, the blade wreathed in green flame.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quarylene's eyes finally settled on a dazzling pair of mithral daggers, both with hilts carved like coiled serpents. She replaced her old weapons at her hips and leaned back with her arms crossed, gazing at Ravenna with her pupiless stare.

"I wish to make Lolth suffer the same outrage as I did when I found out what she did to me," the drow said simply, "And to do that, all one needs to do is eliminate her precious priestesses, one by one. The Spider Queen thrives on the chaos and fear that her Arachne sow throughout the Underdark. Cut off the source of such chaos, and Lolth's plans fall to ruins."