Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

One of the men following Roland took off his helm to look at Tak'we. "Clutchmate?? Lady Chosen, your companion here certainly has an interesting vocabulary." He said giving him a strange look.

Roland squinted his eyes at Tak'we, something wasn't right about him, or her other companions, too many hooded cloaks. He muttered a prayer to Kelemvor and his eye began to glow. And with that glow all that they kept hidden was revealed to him. The Mindflayer, the Drow, the Thir-kreen, And looking back at Tannin, the symbol of Bhaal. He directed his eyes back to Rhaine and clenched his jaw, his lord's chosen has made friends with monsters of the purest form, and there was no way she was ignorant of it. "You keep strange company Lady Chosen," he said masking his anger, "certainly not the kind that's fitting for one of your stature."

As this was happening Bob paid little attention to Rhaine, and instead stared straight ahead at the man who took off his helmet.

"Bob??" The man asked. "HE STOLE MY HORSE AS WELL??!" He yelled seconds before Bob charged at him.

Unfazed the man drew his sword and stood his ground. "I shoulda put you down when-" his words were cut short when Bob stopped inches in front of him, reared up, and slammed his front hoofs into the paladin's face, then ran off as his previous owner lay on the ground, face impacted from the blow.

"I suppose we could add horse thief to the list of his crimes then." Roland said in a dull tone. "Someone get the fool up, you'd think he'd have learned by the third time that happened." He said as he started to walk in the direction that Bob fled.

----------------

Surrounded by happy, cheering drunks, made Tannin even happier,(which was a feat as he was already pretty happy about the kiss despite it being nothing more than a quick peck) but the Kender bouncing around with everyone else did cause him some concern, drunken Kender were a thing to be feared as by the time the night was over just about everything not nailed down was usually out in a field somewhere or "misplaced" He made a point to keep an eye on their little friend, and to have him throw out before he became to inebriated.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine whirled around, visor-to-nose with Roland, her eyes flashing behind the eyeslits, "And you are you, exactly, to dictate to me what kind of company I should keep? Perhaps if you spent a little more time looking for our true enemies and a little less time sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, you would have solved this problem a lot sooner."

She turned and jerked the other paladin to his feet, quickly casting a spell that mended his face, "I suggest you let me handle this, goodsir, or there will be more than one of you getting Last Rites this day."

"AZURIS!" she barked, no longer in the mood for any further delays, "Reveal yourself this instant!"

Edited by AurianaValoria1

"Think he remembers you Carson." Came Azuris's voice as he stepped out from the tents. He hadn't put on his armor but carried his sword with him. "I told ya boy, you were always too rough on em. Doesn't respond well to dominance." He said as he strolled up to them, stopping a good ten feet away from them.

Roland let out a sigh and stepped forward. "Azuris.. You stand accused of defying our lord Kelemvor, aiding several Necromancers to escape their punishment, the slaughter of twelve of your brothers, the spilling of blood in our temple."

"AND HORSE STEALING!" Carson yelled, his face now healed up.

"And the theft of a fellow Paladins mount." Continued Roland. "How do you respond brigand?"

"With great regret." Azuris said grimly. "That I didn't kill the lot of you sooner." He growled.

A sneer crept up Roland's face, he then turned to Rhaine. "You see Lady Chosen? He admits to the murder of our brothers, and the aiding of Necromancer filth."

"And did you tell her WHY I had to kill them?" Azuris asked angrily. "Did you tell her that they had brought a twelve year old girl to be butchered?"

"She had raised the skeletal remains of her brother. Or Lord's word is very clear regarding the treatment of those that use the necromatic arts. They are to be shown no mercy."

"She was a child, she didn't know what else to do, WE COULDN'T HELP HER!"

"And does that justify the deaths of your brothers? Twelve men of our order for one girl, proficient in the necromatic arts, Raising bodies from their graves Azuris. She was a danger and an abomination!"

"AND DO YOU KNOW WHERE SHE IS NOW?!" Azuris yelled. "In a town... Working at a bakery, got her eye on a blacksmith's apprentice. Living a normal life, won't ever touch another spell book for the rest of her life, so yes.. I think that perfectly justifies it." He spat.

Roland glared at Azuris, his hand grasping the hilt of his sword. "They cannot all turn back Azuris... You know that."

"At least I tried, you took their heads without even hearing their side. Even the ones younger than her, even if it were just rumors." Azuris growled as he pulled his Claymore out of it's sheath, knowing all too well that this would most likely end with even more death.

"Lady Chosen." Roland addressed Rhaine, turning his head slightly in her direction and looking at her from the corner of his eye. "You know Kelemvor's law concerning Necromancers. You know we are not to show them any mercy. It is our duty, a duty that we swore to uphold. We cannot be lenient. We must serve without question, and those that disobey the law must be punished. How shall we proceed?" He asked her, with her status as chosen, she held the higher rank and therefor, had the final say in the matter.

Tak'we gave an angry hiss at the softskin called Roland and gave him a hard shove in response to his comment about Rhaine's companions. *NRAK'TCKTCK* "Do not sspeak to winged pointy-ear or Tak'we with such dissrepect!" *TCKTCK* He brought himself to his full height, towering over the offending softskins. The thri'kreen was trying to keep his temper, but when Azuris mentioned the killing of hatchlings without proof, and they admitted to it, it became settled for Tak'we. "You murdered hatchlingss!?" *TCKTCKTCK!*

Throwing back his hood and cloak, Tak'we brandished his quarterstaff (he'd left his gythka at the inn) and positioned himself between the five softskins and Azuris. He spat a glob of venom on the ground in front of Roland, intending to insult to the softskin by not using on him and wasting it. "You sssoftskinss... *NRAK!* " You are just asss cruel asss dark softskin sslaversss! You will not hurt Azuris!"

Rhaine was visibly trembling with anger. Her heart pounded in her throat. She could not believe her ears...could not believe what Azuris and his old foe had divulged. Both parties had jumped to act before thinking...

...and as her own thoughts fell back to the vision of the panther, a wave of realization crashed over her.

They were going to pay the price.

A lesson to be learned, then - of when not to get involved, and when to let fate decide the end. After all, it was not her judgment that counted here.

It was Kelemvor's. And that would never be known until after their deaths.

She let out her pent up breath and took a few steps back, addressing them all, "This started in blood...perhaps it was destined to end that way, as well. I will not help you, but neither will I intervene. This was a matter that began between you, and now you both shall finish it. May Kelemvor have mercy on your souls."

She glanced to the angered Thri-kreen and spoke in a deathly quiet voice, "Tak'we, I suggest you stand down. This is not a matter that you should involve yourself in... it is likely you will live to regret it, later."

Kowolj arrived back to the fair just in time to witness what was about to be the showdown between his pridemember Azuris and the armored men he had seen earlier. It appeared as though they might be at each others throats in seconds, so he raced off to the nearby celebration to pilfer another mug, to wash off the residual blood caked to the golden fur surrounding his mouth, for what would likely be an exciting, and honorable fight.

Seeing Aurora up on the table in the middle of the party made him realize just where he had seen this woman before; she was the one singing back when he had gotten so drunk he lost contact with his pride. This realization completely drained any desire to drink, as he did not wish to lose his pride once more, and instead he made his way back to the Kelemvorite Showdown. Though, if Tak'we decided not to leave Azuris' side, this would become a matter involving his pride rather than a simple religious matter, and there was no way Kowolj could pass up a chance for such a good fight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hasim chuckled at Ravenna's tale of misfortune and triumph, and again at her final question.

"Oh Ravenna... tenacious as always. Not even death can hold you back. As for selling my soul: I would sell myself to no man, or woman, for anything in existence."

He stood there a moment, thinking, before answering her other questions, "I am here because you were the person I grew closest to in this miserable life. I had initially intended to see just what had become of you, but seeing you here now offers many more tantalizing options then leaving here to set out on my own. You may be second to the Devil Lord, but I myself have many infernal contacts within the City of Brass. I would offer an alliance, but not any sort of subservient allegiance."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The merriment of the celebrations completely droned out the ensuing conflict occurring nearby, keeping Leover ignorant of anything but song and liquor. Aurora's addition to his music was more than welcome, though he could not welcome her with anything but a turn toward her and a nod, as he needed to continue the song as well as the playing of his lute.

"That's not exactly what I meant." Nawen replied to Xallistine's words but he had already walked off somewhere. She was not that ignorant. Nawen knew that all of them had done mistakes, some more than others and she never doubted Rhaine or her decisions but it appeared that as always, she had phrased her thoughts incorrectly. Sighing, she arose from her seat and made her way back to the tents. An archery competition awaited her and she wanted to be well rested for it, but it appeared that Azuris and other Kelemvorites were about to start fighting.

"What in the hells is going on?" She asked as saw the scene. Her hand reached towards her weapon but she noticed that Rhaine wasn't taking sides and was urging Tak'we to stand down as well. "What in the hells is going on?!"

=================================

Shalena and her pirates joined the celebration. No one from the pirates were interested in what was happening by the tents.

Edited by Guest

Rhaine glanced sideways to Nawen, seeing Kowolj, too, out of the corner of her eye. She was speaking loud enough for everyone, including Azuris and the knights, to hear her. "It seems you are witnessing the resolution of a conflict that started long before we ever came together. It is up to them alone to decide how to finish this."

She sighed, remembering the ball in Arabel, "I have been told that it is no longer my place to worry about the day-to-day events of the clergy. Let them solve their dispute, and may Kelemvor's mercy be on them all."

Kyran had been following Rhaine and her fellow Kelemvorites to the tents, but at a longer distance, as to avoid any possible conflicts with them. Gods know if they can tell that he used to be a necromancer. Rhaine may have been merciful, but there men were not to be trifled with. The elf overheard them looking for Azuris earlier, and now it looks like he might be fighting against those armored men.

As much as Kyran wanted to intervene, it wouldn't have been the wisest thing to do. He decided to wait and see how things go for the moment; standing by Rhaine's side, hoping this doesn't end in blood for both sides.

---------------------------------------------

Ivan was at the party where the winners of the battle of the bards were. The atmosphere was so full of energy, the human couldn't help but sing along to whatever song they were singing, with a full mug in hand, of course.

"Aaaaaand you. You've said yourself that you used to be much, much different from the way you are now. Hells, you've probably done far worse than I. Don't get on my back about it." Before Xallistine could even answer (or Amendale could blast him with some magic for speaking to Xallistine so.) Arland's attention had been snagged by the brewing conflict and he'd rushed off to engage himself in it. He caught up just in time to hear Azuris's explanation and everything that followed.

"Well I'm sure this classifies as day-to-day affairs, Rhaine." He snarked sarcastically as he stood beside Tak'We and Azuris. He looked at Roland. "Now I don't tend to like people like you at the best of times, but you're particularly stuck-up and you want to kill- eh, Tak'We's here now- two of the people in this group I actually do like. Can't have that. And the bit with the little girl doesn't help."

Weyland stood off to the side with Amendale. "Heh, he's talking big but I'll bet Az can kick his ass and I know Tak'We can."

Amendale would've smiled in better circumstances, but for now he was just disappointed this had no way of ending peacefully. "Ironically he tries to assume the moral high ground."

"It's so fun making of him sometimes. Some things don't change in twenty years, let me tell you."

"Aren't you going to take a side?" Amendale asked scornfully. "He is."

"You're right, I got friends here that I'm not intending to be hurt." He reluctantly stepped in front of the other three in a position to take the brunt of the paladins' assault, shield ready. He shrugged apologetically at Roland. "Sorry, I'd stay out of this, but blood's thicker than water and all. And two of my friends are here."

Amendale scowled. "Foul business all around, unfortunately." He stayed out of the fight, following Rhaine's example.