Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Rhaine's words had given Xallistine much to think about, but he was glad at least that she had taken his advice regarding Azuris to heart. Her words about faith were difficult for the Ulitharid to truly comprehend, for he himself had no such ties to the gods; for Xallistine, the reverence of a godly being was merely something to be done to ensure his soul would not be punished for it's heresy, nothing more. He celebrated the Illithid patron Illsensine when was required, and drew from the god wisdom in times of need, but little else- he viewed himself as being exactly that, a unique being whose destiny was his alone to control. Perhaps it was his years getting the better of him, that these near heretical views had developed, but Xallistine put it down to logic. He could not understand how Rhaine saw herself as simply an extension of her church, when she was so much more than merely an organ in the body of her religion. This would require much meditation.

-----

Ravenna grinned as the Nightmare's arrived, pulling herself up upon the saddle of her own steed, draping her legs over one side, as her dress would certainly not stretch to fit around her hellish mount. She was surprised to hear Quarylene mutter such complementary words to Hasim... well, complementary by her male-hating standard at least.

"He is indeed a resourceful man. Many thanks my friend, you have saved my shoes." She smiled lightly.

"Now then Quarylene, do lead on."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarylene wordlessly smirked as she spurred her Nightmare forth, the demonic horse's flaming hooves making sparks with every step. She had yet to tell Ravenna exactly how long it was going to take to get to any drow civilization - most likely far too long for the Devil Queen's limited patience. Though the dark elves infested the Underdark like ants, their settlements were few and far between.

Hasim smiled at the half hearted complement issued by the misandristic drow, confident that he would win her over just as he had won the respect of some of the most fiendish mages in Faerun.

Realizing that their trek would still be lengthy, even with their new steeds, Hasim commissioned Ozan to once again depart on a mission to gather suitable spells for use in destroying cities. The exact spells he left to Ozan's whim, as he had faith that his sadistic partner would no doubt find the most catastrophic spells he could.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leover wandered around the grounds searching for his Harper cloak he had discarded before the bardic competition and had not bothered to retrieve before entering his celebratory stupor. His hangover had mostly drifted away, but it had been replaced by a frustration from his search.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Treasure...?" Horo could see her hesitation in revealing her business, but joining this group could offer him both the protection of a Chosen and the promise of treasure.

"Would you care to show me to, or point out, this Chosen? I would think that if one of such high standard would join with a pirate such as yourself they would have no problem with myself."

Tannin watched as all manner of ranged weaponry was used in the competition. "Apparently nobody understands what "bows only' means" He muttered under his breath. He felt sorry for the ones that decided to use throwing knives and the like instead of bows, they simply wouldn't have the range needed for the latter rounds. As they progressed the targets would be pulled further and further back, of course this would give the crossbow wielders an advantage in the later rounds, but it would make a bow user's skills look more impressive if they could beat the crossbows.

--------------

Azuris considered Rhaine's offer for a long time, when he eventually spoke it probably wasn't what Rhaine wanted to hear. "I'm not looking for redemption, I don't regret what I did and never will. If saving that little girl was the wrong thing to do then I don't want to be right. I tried talking sense into Roland and the rest of them, I really did, But I don't have a way with words and I'm not clever like some people here. Yes I wish it had ended peacefully but it didn't, so i'm not gonna spend any time feeling sorry for what I had to do. So if you want me along to try and get me to repent or something like that, then sorry but I'll stay on my own." He said before returning his attention to the book.

"Now if your offer includes you accepting what happened, and not carrying a grudge over it, then maybe I'll continue to aid you in your travels." He said not looking up from the book.

Rhaine didn't budge, "I already told you my sentiments on the matter. They will not change. Ever. Perhaps you should also accept my stance and keep your own grudge at bay. We differ in opinion. That is all. It is my hope that you find redemption, but I care not either way. That matter is between you and my lord. Can we move on, now? You're starting to sound more of an obstinate ass than your horse."

The Doomguide extended her hand farther, with a bit of a shake, "Now, come on. The joust is in two days and I'd like to get some practice done before showtime. I'm sure you'd like to vent some frustration, hmm?" she winked, "No holding back, now."

Nawen watched other competitors as they fired arrows, bolts and some had even brought throwing knives into the competition. She saw some good archers with much potential but even then she was quite confident of her chances. She wasn't as good with a bow as she was with her blade but the drow could see well into the distance and a pretty good aim.

When it was her turn, she focused solely on the target and easily released the arrow. It hit in the very near center of the target.

==============================

"Sure." Shalena said as she gestured the man to follow her. She was hoping that someone like him would join them. Most of her new traveling companions were a bunch of law abiding goodies and thus boring to the captain.

"Just look for a black-winged woman," she said as she made her way past the crowds, "she won't be hard to find."

Ravenna found that her nails were far more interesting than the dank scenery around them as her Nightmare darted forth after Quarylene, following close behind the Drow Vampire as she led them to their destination; for a while the devil-queen was content to gaze at her claws and visualize the brutal murder of a few matron mothers, and the look on the fat-spider goddess as she became aware of what was happening. But when the journey didn't seem to be getting an shorter, Ravenna looked up to find them still far from civilization, if anything the drow called home could be classed as such...

Losing her patience she sighed audibly and remarked "How much longer of chafing must I endure?! I want bloodshed Quarylene, not sore thighs!"

----------

Aurora had changed from her canary attire into a simple day dress once she had freshened up a little. Stepping out of her tent looking quite the opposite of her usually extravagant self, she had neglected to put her hair up in a pouf, and instead her copper locks hung freely over her shoulders. Heavy bags framed her eyes as she stumbled off to find the others again, her head pounding.

Horo followed the captain until he caught sight of the black wings she spoke of. Apart from her wings, this woman was not what he would expect of the Chosen of a divine being; he expected more... something. In any case, he made his way to through the crowd to meet this woman, who was already speaking with someone else.

He preferred to be straightforward in his speech, starting off with a blatant request, "I would like to join your company, if I may."

Arland, standing near Rhaine, heard about the jousting practice-to-be and decided he was bored, so he added in a suggestion.

"Say, hows about you bring me along and I'll call out when to charge? I want to watch you two pummel each other." He grinned.

"Sounds like fun, count me in." Weyland sounded from behind him

"Nobody asked you."

"Don't care."

"I'll come along too. Incase anyone needs healing." Amendale stated.

"Rhaine can heal. Better than you, I might add." Arland sneered.

"Well there's always the chance that Azuris knocks her unconscious."

"Whatever. So, what do you two say?"

Tak'we cheered as his clutchmates hit the centers of their target, obviously enjoying the display as he rose after both rounds. *WEE!* the thri'kreen whistled from underneath his hood. "Go, Nawen!" He was especially cheering for dark pointy-ear. Conall may worship Mother Moon, same as he, but the dark pointy-ear was among the first to treat him nicely, thus the thri'kreen wanted her to win. He sat down and munched on another bacon-wrapped sausage he had bought earlier between rounds, the softskin from yesterday having come back again today, and now waited impatiently for the next round.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Saris gave a shrill shriek of anger as she kicked the ruined spell components across the room. "DAMN IT!" She was trying to perform a complex ritual meant to bolster the magical defenses of the new body she had prepared for Valthanarax, but the blood she had used wasn't a pure enough substance. Now the rare and rather costly gems she had procured were ruined as well. "Godsbedamned!" In a rare fit of emotional pique, the Culler stomped around, further kicking the detroyed remains of her ritual across the floor. How am I to replace all of this!? She thought furiously for a bit and nearly continued on her childish rage when an alternative suddenly formed in her mind. "That will work," she spoke to herself, and went for Kalin's cell, sending a telepathic command to Zuir to prepare the Rack.

Kalin was wincing with pain when he noticed Saris burst into the room, her cheeks still flushed with anger . Zuir had been in the middle of providing another round of "entertainment" when he suddenly ceased and left. But judging by the look on her face, Kalin wasn't reassured by that small reprieve. Unfortunately, Kalin couldn't keep his mouth shut all the same, the previous tendays of torture making him careless for his situation. "What's wrong, Saris? Something else didn't go as planned." A deeper color of red was rising to Saris' cheeks. "Uh-oh You should be careful. Your control on your emotions is slipping. That wouldn't be goo--"

"SHUT UP!" Saris screamed and with that telepathically ripped Kalin, chains and all, straight from the wall into the one across the room. "WHOAAA--*THUD! CRUNCH!* "Ooof!" Kalin coughed out as the breath was knocked out from his lungs and felt a few ribs crack as he hit the wall. Saris repeated this twice more, each one causing him more and more pain. Finally, her rage played out for the moment, she let him drop to the ground, his arm and a few more ribs broken by the punishment she gave and blood running down his face. "You won't be so glib after today," she said coldly, her calm exterior reformed. At that, she lifted Kalin once more telepathically and began to move him towards the Extraction Room.

Kalin was barely conscious, dimly aware that he was being moved somewhere but he felt he was in too much pain to be able to care. After a while, he saw Saris pull him into a room and savagely slam him into what felt like a rack of some kind, eliciting another groan of pain from him. He looked around and saw a conglomeration of tubes, needles, and hooks. He tried to rise, but Zuir forced him back down and securely strapped him to the rack. "What-- *COUGH!* "-is this thing?" he asked, a note of panic beginning to rise in his voice.

"Ah, not so full of bravado now, are you, grandson?" she asked, sickly sweet venom in her voice. "If it will make you feel better, this wonderful contraption--" she waved at all of the tubes with one hand while another grabbed a very large plate with hooks and needles on it and was connected to the tubes. " -is known as a Pain Extractor. As its name suggests, this machine, through magical means extracts..." She paused as she approached with the plate and smiled sadistically at Kalin. "Well, I don't want to leave you in the dark, but you'll learn what it does soon enough."

She suddenly lunged and Kalin screamed as he felt multiple barbs dig deep into his flesh. Saris nodded to Zuir, who pulled a lever, and suddenly Kalin's pain was increased tenfold, his screams echoing throughout the fortress as the machine seemed to dig even farther and drain something from him.

Saris smiled eagerly as a viscous black fluid was pumped from Kalin and into a large flask. Liquid pain, she thought excitedly. Exactly what I need. She sent a ray of electricity through Kalin's body, creating even more pain and making the extractor work faster. She swapped out the rapidly-filled flask for an empty one and stoppered it, enjoying Kalin's agony as she did so.

Kalin couldn't believe the sheer agony coursing through him. Gods... He wanted so much to pass out, but something from the machine was forcing him to remain conscious. He desperately wished it would all end. Lathanar...Ilmater...Kelemvor...anyone... please... just make it stop...

Edited by GrueMaster