Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

"Tea sounds nice," Zorica nodded, swallowing hard, "Though the way my hands are shaking, I'll probably spill half of it on the floor."

Conall sighed in response to Nawen's words, "It's entertainment. And entertainment equals money. I doubt he cares. As for changing the situation," he paused, "I don't see any way to do it that doesn't involve trouble. Unless you have an idea?"

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nawen frowned as she noticed that Zorica's hands were indeed shaking. "Look on the bright side," she said, "Menarses might slip on the tea and break his leg so maybe he wouldn't be in the mood for any of these festivities."

The drow thought over Conall's words. "At this point I wouldn't care if helping those animals involved troubled," she said, "but perhaps the good old method of distracting people while one of us frees the animals would work? As long as we don't get caught of course. Maybe with animals running loose our friends could avoid dancing since not all seem thrilled with the idea."

Edited by Guest

Sybille gave Llhunara a smile. "Pleasure to properly meet you, too. Might as well get acquainted if we're traveling companions, yeah?" She shrugged. She took Lllhunara's question in stride when she asked what else Sybille would like to know, not missing a beat when she replied, "Whatever you feel like telling me. I won't try to pry, but I'm curious. Let's go with the basics: where are you from?"

To answer Rhaine's greeting and question, she simply responded, "Morning to you too, Rhaine. I'm excited! Aren't you?"

“I agree and don’t worry I do not plan to steal from any of you.” The rogue continuing to wear a smile as the girl asks about her home. That could be a complicated answer or a simple one, Llhunarra decides to go with the simple one. “Memnon originally, how about yourself?” The half elf had been around to several places since her birth, but Memnon was her birthplace.

A little surprised Rhaine extends the greeting to her; Llhunarra gives her a respectful nod in return. “The same to you.” Not having talked to the other red head since joining up with the party she still felt a little unsure about her. Her friendly words had caught her more off guard than anything, the half-elf always seeming to have so much on her plate. Remaining quite relaxed in her chair Llhunarra couldn’t help but let her eyes drift to the woman’s wings.

Rhaine raised an eyebrow at Sybille, "Anxious would be a better word, I believe. I'll be glad to see this behind me; we need to know what that High Priest knows. I am pleased that you are looking forward to it, however. From what I've seen, Shalena shares your excitement, as well." The Doomguide glanced over her shoulder and added, "Zorica, on the other hand, does not appear to be faring well at all. I am surprised she would be this nervous...she does not seem the type to unsettle easily."

She also did not fail to notice Llhunarra's eyes wandering, though she did her best to ignore it; after so many years, she'd learned to expect it. Feeling it was best to leave Sybille and the half-elf to their conversation, she turned away, "Well, I'm going to visit the grounds to see how things are progressing. The noise is getting louder by the minute, so I assume the festivities will be in full swing within the hour." With that, she walked away and through the main doors of the commons into the courtyard.

Meanwhile, Conall pointed Nawen to the side exit, "If you like, I can show you where the poor beasts are being kept. That might help you make up your mind."

Out in the courtyard many of the guest stopped and gawked at a strange sight. An impossibly large half-orc sat alone, deep in a sort of meditative trance. Since his arrival, Dorovin had kept to himself and surprisingly out of sight. It was rare to even catch of a glimpse of the half-orc before he disappeared from sight completely. Occasionally he could be seen watching members of the group with great intensity, as if studying their every move, only to disappear if spotted. But oddly enough, with the influx of people today, Doro had remained in sight at nearly all times, preferring to stay out in the courtyard while not at all minding the gawking or rude comments from the noble guest.

As a few member of the group made their way out into the courtyard, Doro's eyes shot open and carefully watched them as they went about their business.

"Anxious? You?" Sybille teased. "You've got nothing to worry about! The rest of us have busted our rears this whole time trying to learn how to use our dancing wings, you've already got that covered!" She flashed the Doomguide a cheeky grin. "If you're nervous, I'll be sure to steal the show to take the attention away from you. It'd be trivial."

"I'm out of Westgate, along with Weyland, Arland, Marie and Annette. Lot of Westars in this bunch, actually. I think Shalena might be, as well." She shrugged. "Can't say I've ever been to Memnon myself. What's it like?"

Doshkin took a deep breath as he strode into a well-decorated hall, with many people having already arrived for the festival. The aasimar was excited; after all the hard work he and his brother had done in the conflict against Unther, their patron finally decided to give them a well-earned rest. And reward... he thought with a smile as he eyed the many ladies walking about the room. "They certainly do have good tastes here, don't they, bro-?" he began speaking, looking to his side only to be reminded of his brother's absence; shortly after the victory, his brother had disappeared.

Not letting recent events get him down, Doshkin began wandering the place, trading flirtatious looks with women whom he caught looking at him. Being an aasimar had cast a favorable light on the warlock, a fact that he has played upon very heavily. Ooh, I can't wait for the dance! he mused, the event being his main reason for coming. He continued to look around, trying to find a good spot from which he could look at the local beauties (and possibly strike up a conversation) when he noticed three women who were most definitely foreigners like him. One wasn't much to look at, but the half-elf beside her was attractive, at least. The one that definitely caught his eye, however, was the other half-elf, beside them... the one with ebony wings.

His taste for the exotic (and need to associate with someone not from Mulhorand) intrigued, he quickly walked over to where he spotted the trio, eager to meet this angel among mortals. Much to his dismay, though, the winged woman had already left by the time he had made halfway to them. Well, damn... but, I can start a conversation with these two, at least, he thought optimistically, then went up to the two remaining ladies.

"Ah, greetings!" the aasimar said enthusiastically with a flourish as he gave a polite bow. "I must say that I am pleased to meet some fellow foreigners in this exotic land. Oh, where are my manners? My name is Doshkin Doiteain. So, what brings you ladies here to this great festival?" he asked, directing the question to both women but looking at the half-elf more.

Edited by GrueMaster