FNIS warning !

Crius25

<i hope this is the right place to post this>

so i'm new to modding and i just encountered an issue after trying to use xp32MSE i get the following warnings in FNIS

------------------------------------------------------------

FNIS Behavior V7.3.1 12/04/2018 17:37:15
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.39.0 - D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)
>>Warning: \character\character assets female\skeleton_female.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
>>Warning: \character\character assets\skeleton.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Skeleton(hkx) female: Unknown (129 bones) male: Unknown (129 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"
Reading FNISBase V7.3.1 ...
>>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_XPMSE_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<<
Reading XPMSE V6.1 ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...
All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
No GENDER directory male
No GENDER directory female
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 16 total groups: 30 added file slots: 170 alternate files: 164
Creature Pack not installed
164 animations for 2 mods successfully included (character).
3 Warning(s).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i disabled all the other mods but i'm still having the same issue (i'm using NMM btw)

if i try to run the game the characters freeze in place and won't move just like a mannequin

ty for your reply

well i think the issue comes from the XP32MSE mode , it keeps installing HKX files witch according to FNIS is not compatible with Skyrim SE i could be wrong tho , if i remove those files the issue is fixed but now i can't change anything on my characters body.

i posted this in the fnis thread ty

Edited by Crius25

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Very First post in the comments section of the how to convert is by Fore and says Verbatim "This will only work if the converted "Animation mod" is a simple animation replacer.

It will not work, if it is an FNIS dependent mod. FNIS dependent mods have a behavior file in the "behaviors" folder. If this file is not converted, ALL (non-creature) characters will show t-pose. What makes it even harder is a quirk of the Bethesda tool. I have made the experience that those FNIS generated behavior files will not always be usable after conversion. I don't know if it is sometimes or always. Since after my first bad encounter I have always re-generated those behaviors with the GenerateFNIS_for_modders tool.

Your tool will also not work if you try to convert an animation mod with a fomod setup."

• 9 months later...

Both posters are trying to install Skyrim Classic mods into Skyrim Special Edition. This doesn't work for animation mods, and that's what the warning is telling you. The original poster installed XPMSE, but needs XPMSSE instead.

For your issue, that file is from Critical Hit - Backstab and Parry in Skyrim, but you need Critical Hit - Backstab and Parry in Skyrim Special Edition.

Always look for mods in the Skyrim Special Edition section, unless you know how to convert mods from Skyrim Classic. You can use Cathedral Assets Optimizer to convert assets (including animations). You need the Creation Kit for SSE to convert ESPs, and SKSE plugins won't work unless they're recompiled with SKSE64.