NPC patrol

ZephyrGames

I'm getting ****ing annoyed that there's not a single good NPC creation tutorial. Okay, there's dozens of tutorials that show you how to MAKE an NPC, but none of them go deeper than that.

I made an NPC, she's a merchant. Okay, piece of cake, yet there's dozens of tutorials about same goddamn thing... Now how do I make her do stuff? She just stands there and speaks when spoken to, sells me stuff and that's it. How can I make her use the blacksmith's equipment (anvil, forge etc.) scattered around my custom house and go upstairs every once in a while to warm her hands next to the fire? How do I make her patrol from one point to another?

First of all you should add her some default master packages if you want her to do something with the stuff she has around. If thats not what you want her to do, than you have to create particular packages on your own (like particular travel packages) and that should be explained in the creationkit.com forums! For more info, try to open the packages in the CK directly and see how they work and what they do!

Go back to the bendu olo tutorial it tells you how to make a patrol and sandboxing.

As for how to get the NPC to sandbox in your custom home I do this instead because the sandbox package is allot better:

1. place idle markers and useable furniture all over the house.

2. duplicate one of the MarriageSpouse*****SandboxPlayerHouse AI packages. (replace the **** with a city)

3. Change the location of the duplicated sandbox to the mod home. (edit the package, package tab, Public Package Data box, first line is location, click it. box to the right is Selected Package Data, click the In cell button and change it to your new one)

4. Give the duplicated package to the NPC instead of a DefaultSandboxEditorLocation package.

5. save and play.

Go back to the bendu olo tutorial it tells you how to make a patrol and sandboxing.

As for how to get the NPC to sandbox in your custom home I do this instead because the sandbox package is allot better:

1. place idle markers and useable furniture all over the house.

2. duplicate one of the MarriageSpouse*****SandboxPlayerHouse AI packages. (replace the **** with a city)

3. Change the location of the duplicated sandbox to the mod home. (edit the package, package tab, Public Package Data box, first line is location, click it. box to the right is Selected Package Data, click the In cell button and change it to your new one)

4. Give the duplicated package to the NPC instead of a DefaultSandboxEditorLocation package.

5. save and play.

Indeed.

• 1 month later...