STALKER 2 officially cancelled, GSC Game World shut down

Iv000

Everyone is hating on Bethesda on a site that was up until fairly recently, a site devoted to only Bethesda games and the mods for them. A bunch of trolls, you are.

I know, i dont get it, there here, so that must mean there playing the games and downloading the mods, so they must not hate them all that much.

last thing i have to say on the matter as i do not intend to continue this childish argument. Fallout 1 and 2 were good games for there time, but that time is over, look at it like this, New vegas had some of the staff making it that made the original games and i dont see any isometrics. Games have to move forwards, not backwards. If you enjoy the old games, great, play them till the day you die. But don't try and keep the new games down. They will contine to evolve for the better.

I will try to explain my thoughts on this

My thoughts are if a large game company for example beth, ea, etc get their hands on stalker, they will make it safe. Like they do most of game ip's they get, example Fallout 1+2 had a dark gritty atmosphere. fallout 3 seemed to lack this properly because most main stream gamers wouldn’t like the atmosphere of first or some game mechanics eg ammo weight

Now assuming they make stalker the same this would be tragic but most of all it wouldn’t be stalker

Stalker is a unique shooter/rpg, no levels. Unique atmosphere gets darker the more you find about the zone. You can’t carry basically anymore then 2 weapon not because you are force to but because with the ammo it is too heavy, nearly all the most powerful weaponry in game you can’t carry for large periods of time, for example the rocket launcher you would be lucky to carry the launcher and 4 rounds of ammo for it.

allot of these thing mainstream gamers don’t like nor would like to see in a shooter, This is what I fear to make a game "safe" to develop(safe being use to say most gamers will buy it) it will be striped down to shooter. Let say for example call of duty: stalker edition. This is what I fear most

This would not be evolution

I hope this make more sense now

lol then why are you all here? :P makes no sense if you hate it so much yet your a member of a site devoted to beth games

Because Bethesda is now the leading RPG maker and in video games when you become the best you also become the most hated. Like WOW is.

Edit: most people say fo3 was darker Then the last 2 but not as funny. So..... Anyway I love Bethesda but BGS developing stalker 2 wouldnt be a good idea as they already make fallout. They'd share a lot of ideas.

Also again people really need to learn what a developer is and what a publisher is. Learn the difference it could save your life

Edited by hector530