Spikes while playing

vannixiii

Hey there, I'm having problem with lag spikes in Skyrim.

I used the STEP guide to optimize the Skyrim.ini conf and mods like SkyBoostR3 and FPS Booster V1.1 to increase my FPS. In result, I have a costant framerate of 30-35 fps but sometimes I get the game stucked for a second or two and the framerate drops to 0.

This is my pc configuration:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2,50Ghz

G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3

Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5

I tried setting everything from Ultra to High (with and without using HD texture packs, ENB series filters or things like that) but spikes still remained. How can I fix them?

Those mods that concentrate on only increasing fps will sometimes push the fps up when it's not needed causing the machine to be running at a high fps already, then a new section loads that requires a lot of processing power which is not available as it is already pushing as much as it can.

It may sound counter-intuitive, but one way to reduce sudden drops in fps is to limit the peak fps to a lower value. There is no need to have a continuous 70 fps or more for a smooth game. Peak limiting will allow the game to catch up in between bouts of heavy activity and actually level the fps somewhat. The amount of throttling will vary from machine to machine so you may need to experiment to find the best balance between raw speed and smooth gameplay.

There are several mods that can help with this. And I recommend going through the Tweak guides for information on what all those settings actually do http://www.tweakguides.com/