For people with WETriggerScript error

danny310

I'm not sure what everyone's solution was, but this was mine:

Run NMM and click "Reset Invalidation"

Locate appdata/local/skyrim/plugins.txt as well as loadorder.txt

Delete both files completely.

Run NMM to load plugins.

Run TES5Edit to see if I still got 2 Skyrim.esm files loaded (Which it didn't)

Tested it by adding a new mod, closed NMM and TES5Edit, reopened NMM (so that it adds to the plugin.txt), and then ran TES5Edit.

No problems. Still only 1 Skyrim.esm file.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little FYI for some ppl who are still getting this error even after trying to the "plugin.txt" fix.

I am sure that some ppl that have this problem probably do not have these mods but I spent 2 weeks trying to figure out what was causing this and there is not a lot of info out there about it. Just the same 3 threads all with the same "fix" that is not working for a lot of us. Maybe some ppl having this problem have a similar setup to me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times it is crazy. I stopped using Mod Organizer and switched to NMM and that made no difference. Then I switched back with a complete clean install of Skyrim, Creative Kit and Mod Organizer and that did not fix it. Eventually I just started going through my mod list deactivating everything one by one. The thing causing this error for me ended up being the Atlas Map Markers with Dragonborn Dawnguard and Blackreach Addons mod. That stopped the Wetriggerscript error but I was still getting a blank screen when I tried to enter Solstheim for the first time. I could hear the dock sounds but was unable to move or see anything. So I went through the mod list again deactivating stuff until I got to the Wet and Cold - Ashes mod and the Get Snowy mod. They were causing me to not be able to see any graphics in Solstheim at all when I first arrived. After I deactivated all three mods Dragonborn is working like a dream.

Hopefully putting up the solution that worked for me might help someone else running these mods too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive been hit with this problem after being free of CTDs for so long. But i get a WETriggerScript.psc error in my papyrus logs NOT in the actual game, game itself just CTDs.

My appdata plugin text file doesn't even have one skyrim esm .

anyone else find a solution besides the plugin text file solution ?

• 1 month later...

So I just started playing Skyrim on my Pc after playing it on Xbox for a few years :P. I installed a lot of mods, used BOSS; SKSE; NMM and so on. I have experience using mods from previous Elder Scrolls Games and Fallout. Now I encountered this horrible Wetrigger / CTD Bug. And there seems to be no way out. I tried everything. I deinstalled my Mods, I reinstalled Skyrim. When i Start a new game, the Wetrigger Textboxes pop up. and not just 3. About 10 of those. Then the Game just freezes.

When I load a Save I am able to start the Game but it is just loaded with errors: It is all to bright, almost completly white. I can't move, although sometimes I can look up and down. Sometimes it just CTDs. Sometimes I'm just a floating head.

I searched a lot of Support Forums, English ones, German ones, Bethesda, Nexus, Fanpages, Forums, Wikis. And I seem to be the only one ever encountered this problem.

I deactivaded every Mod.

I deinstalled every Mod.

I Checked the Plugin.txt for 2 ESMs.

I made NMM reset Archive Invaliadation.

Is there anyone, who might have encountered the same Bug and found a WORKING solution?! Please, It's making me Nuts!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm no expert about these things and I've searched all over the net for an answer to the problem, WeTriggerSript ERROR (................) Blah Blah..........

So here's what I did I looked all over the net and everyone says oh go look in C:\Users\LoganSniper\AppData\Local\Skyrim\plugin.ini and check for double skyrim.esm listed there and remove one of them and then all will be good, NOT!!!!!!!!!. It wasn't there.

So then as a last ditch effort I searched for a script called What? That's right "WETriggerScript.pex". Now the quick and dirty of it all is just a single edit to the script as Follows:

"getMyHoldFactionControllerMarker ETX Off" This is the default setting, but I set this to "ON" and then went in to the game and ran all over the place both in Solstheim and in Skyrim and never again did I get the error message.

Now the editor I used was Notpad ++ and this entry is found on line 2 of the editor about the middle of the line starting with "OnCellLoad"

I don't know if this is a cure all for this problem or not but it seems to be working really well for me right now so I hope this helps Someone or maybe gives someone that has more knowledge than I the means to finally put this beast to rest and fix this problem properly.

• 3 weeks later...