Schools of Magic

Varus Torvyn

Polus Polls Inc.  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which school is your favorite to Role-Play with?

• Alteration
    • Conjuration
    • Destruction
    • Illusion
    • Mysticism
    • Restoration

I voted conjuration, for the RP aspects. I love strolling through the IC summoning skeletons just for practice. To me, the idea is that you summon things and let them fight, while you stand back and cheer them on. My take on the conjurer is as a cowardly magic user.

But I'm also thinking illusion. Invisibility is essential for someone who wants to be a pacifist (or just doesn't like getting hurt). Then there's also paralyze. Though I kinda wish paralyze was more of a sleep spell. That is, I wish it lasted longer with less cost (like charm), but was dispelled when the subject took damage. And plus there's charm, which I always use when talking to shopkeepers.

Illusion. I like sneaking around unnoticed from invisibility/chameleon and seeing the world in a new light due to darkvision.

Of course my second is alteration. It is much easier to run away when your enemy has to swim through a river while you are running and casting burden on them.

That and I have to have my feather spells for my hoard.

Illusion. I like sneaking around unnoticed from invisibility/chameleon and seeing the world in a new light due to darkvision.

Of course my second is alteration. It is much easier to run away when your enemy has to swim through a river while you are running and casting burden on them.

That and I have to have my feather spells for my hoard.

I was a happy camper when I found the Bag of Holding mod. Now I don't have to cast Feather spells anymore.

Illusion. Running around in a dark Castle is boring. Running around in a well lit castle while being invisible is fun :D

Alteration is good for Feather spells. I hardly use Shield spells.

Conjuration is nice for having a little Distraction for the Enemies. A meager Scamp will do the Trick. Most enemies will run up to the Scamp and strike it down with one blow, but before they can turn on me they'll suffer a mild case of death.

Destruction is nice to have when you are low on Fatigue. Instead of doing little damage with your Weapon, hurl some Fireballs until your Magicka is gone. When its empty, your Fatigue will be halfway up again so you can inflict some semi-decent damage with your Weapon again, that is if your opponent is still alive.

Mysticism, well, theres "Detect life" and "Soultrap". I hardly use them, Soultrap is good for a 1 second enchantment on your Weapon, dedect life would be more useful if more creatures where invisible. But that would defeat the purpose of invisiblity...

Illusion. Running around in a dark Castle is boring. Running around in a well lit castle while being invisible is fun :D

Alteration is good for Feather spells. I hardly use Shield spells.

Conjuration is nice for having a little Distraction for the Enemies. A meager Scamp will do the Trick. Most enemies will run up to the Scamp and strike it down with one blow, but before they can turn on me they'll suffer a mild case of death.

Destruction is nice to have when you are low on Fatigue. Instead of doing little damage with your Weapon, hurl some Fireballs until your Magicka is gone. When its empty, your Fatigue will be halfway up again so you can inflict some semi-decent damage with your Weapon again, that is if your opponent is still alive.

Mysticism, well, theres "Detect life" and "Soultrap". I hardly use them, Soultrap is good for a 1 second enchantment on your Weapon, dedect life would be more useful if more creatures where invisible. But that would defeat the purpose of invisiblity...

For a different twist on tactics, try doing one or two sword slashes, then shove a fireball down your opponent's throat. Fun to slash them while they are still frying.