Just Who Do You Think You Are?

Aerin Morth

Ha. Well, many thanks for the kind comments. =]

I forgot to say how much I enjoyed reading your stories also. Pretty good, it's classic tragedy.

Tragedy is all well and good, but it's nice to see a more light-hearted story, especially one so well written.

I suppose I could post another one of my character's stories, but most of them are dark and tragic, and only a few of them are fully developed.

Oh well, I'll just go with my assassin character.

She was born and raised in High Rock, though she was not a Breton, and grew up in a rather tiny hovel with her grandmother. Her mother worked as a healer for the local landowner, who's land they rented, and her father was a guard at the lord's estate. She grew up with a wild and free-spirited personality, and resented the times when she was forced to stay in the house due to her grandmother's sickly health.

Eventually, her grandmother died, leaving her without a home, so she moved into the lord's estate as a servant. She was around twelve years old at the point, and was much younger than any of the other servants. Her parents were largely uninvolved with her life, and she preferred it like that, having lost the only person who had ever shown any sign of caring for her.

Years past, and she learned basic knife skills from the stablehand, who had once been a bandit. She taught herself very simple spells, and kept her skills a secret from everyone else. Over time, she had gained the trust of the other servants, and had also worked her way from kitchen cleaner to personal servant of the lord's daughter.

The two girls were friends of sorts, and would often chat happily while alone. Unfortunately, the daughter was cursed with a strange mental disease, that slowly ate away at her sanity, driving her into deep depression, and soon thereafter, madness. She was helpless as she watched her friend die, and soon began to hate the lord, whom she felt had brought the sickness upon his daughter by keeping her locked in her room for so many years.

The daughter finally died in her sleep, one of the only peaceful moments of her short life. She was not allowed to attend the girl's funeral, and instead was demoted to kitchen helper. She harbored a deep hatred towards the lord, and secretly began to poison his tea with a potent herb, which would slowly induce the same symptoms that his daughter had experienced. While the herb took effect, she began collecting her daggers and various small possessions she had earned throughout her life.

When the lord died, she was the one who pinned the message to his chest; "I do not cry for you."

Then, she left, leaving High Rock and making her way to Cyrodiil. In the two years she spent wandering, she developed a taste for killing, a bloodlust caused by her murder of her former lord. In time, she was invited to join the Dark Brotherhood, and she accepted without hesitation.

Now known as a dangerous killer, her movements are closely tracked by the Mages Guild Archmage, who suspects she may be planning a massive strike against the Empire when the Oblivion Crisis reaches its peak. But nobody can truly decipher the thoughts of a deranged murderer.

I got another of my stories for ya.

Name: Drukon T'oth (pronounced t'oath)

Race: Tabaxi

Apperance: Like all T'oth Drukon is a black tabaxi. He has yellow eyes and wears a ceremonial armor given to him by his father.

Backstory: In southern Valenwood lies a settlement where 3 grat Tabaxi tribes live. The three clans are the Firan tribe, the Arcnam tribe, and the Dark Shroud tribe. Of all the tribes none have produced as suberb assassins as the T'oth clan of the dark Shroud. The shadow panther Pherthia herself has given the T'oth clan her blessing. The T'oth clan has a a diverse family tree with many branch families and a main line. Every branch family is allowed 3 children but only 1 male. The main families are allowed 4 children but they must have at least 1 female but no more than 2. All children of the main branch except the first born become their own branch family upon marriage.

Story: Drukon T'oth was the first born of the T'oth main branch and because of this he was taunted and excluded by the other children of the Dark Shroud tribe. Drukon tried hard to impress his peers, he managed to get top of his classes in training which only served to push them further away from him. In their ignorance the other children thought Drukon was undeserving of his grades and thought he was merly a pampered noble. What they didn't realize was it was the opposite Drukon was pushed harder than any other child, even those of the T'oths. His father demanded perfection from him and pushed him hard to succeed. Drukon's only friends were his younger brothers Rukon and Ukon. Rukon was quite popular with the other children of the tribe and tried to get the other to accept Drukon more. Ukon worshiped Drukon for his skills and said he was a true legacy of the T'oth clan. One particular Tabaxi who absolutly hated Drukon was Rokoon Drogoth a member of the Drogoth clan. Rokoon's father Dro'oth despised Drukon's father Faythis. The two had been close friends. During a war between the Tabaxi and the nearby Lycosians Faythis had been credited with ending the war and was named a hero. Dro'oth felt he had done just as much as Faythis and deserved a heroes title as well but in faythis' shadow he was almost forgotten.

One day when Drukon was 12 Rokoon mocked Drukon calling him a pampered talentless coward. He insulted Drukons family calling his mother a faithless angel and his father a coward and a glory pig. Drukon was infuriated at the insults and drew his daggers at Rokoon's throut challenging him to a duel, Rokoon refused. Later that night Drukon snuck into the Drogoth estate and murdered Rokoon. The next day the insident was brought to the councel of elders. Dro'oth demanded the T'oth clan be stripped of their status and exiled, Drukon claimed he was defending his families honor which is a justifiable reason within the clan. After the evidence had be brought up the elders decided Drukon was within his rights. Dro'oth was infuriated and told the councel they only found Drukon innocent because he was a T'oth. For their disrespect the Drogoth's were removed from their status as nobility and dropped to middle class citizens. Dro'oth sword vengeance against the T'oths

When a Dark Shroud becomes 16 they choose what their path will be. The most prestigious of the paths is that of the assassin. The main branch of the T'oth clan were able to produce an advanced type of assassin known as the Shadow Walker. At 16 Drukon was given his duty to choose his path. His father had wanted him to follow the path of the assassin. Drukon following in his fathers footsteps chose the way of the Shadow Walker. In order for a member of the T'oth clan to become a shadow walker however, they were required to kill the previous Shadow Walker, their father. Drukon and Faythis traveled to Terminus the ancient city of their ancestors. Upon arriving there they split up and the hunt began.

While the strongest of the T'oth clan were away Dro'oth and his followers in the Drogoth Clan took their revenge. The Drogoths attacked the T'oth estate killing many of the guards. Gro'oth went to the main T'oth estate intent on killing Drukon's family. There he found Drukon's mother, Kaiun ready for him. He drew his sword and in his ignorance went after her expecting a quick and simple kill. Kaiun was a powerful priestess of the shadow panther and gave Dro'oth a rough fight. She managed to scorch the right side of his face with a powerful blast of shadow, disfiguring his face horridly. Despite her power in the end Dro'oth defeated her. Rukon enraged, ran at Dro'oth driving a dagger deep into his leg. Dro'oth grabbed Rukon by the throut and dismembered him slowly. Once he was done he pinned both bodies to the wall. The councels armies caught sight of the siege on the T'oth estate and moved in to stop the assault. Dro'oth managed to escape but the armies were close on his tail.

For 3 days Drukon fought with Faythis and on sunset of the third he caught him off guard and slew him. After his task was completed Drukon prayed to Pherthia to recieve her blessing. In deep meditation Drukon spoke with Pherthia and she showed him a vision. Drukon witnessed the slaughter of his family and the escape of Dro'oth. When Drukon awake his daggers were missing. He found a new pair of daggers on the altar, Pherthia had blessed him with her prizes, the daggers Misery and Despair. When Drukon took up the daggers he felt somthing inside him change. He saw the world differently. It was as if all he saw was darkened and blurry but strangly clearer. Drukon left immediatly for his estate, for 3 hours he sprinted at his full speed untill he arrived. He was greeted by the councel and their army who told him the story of what happened. In a vengful rage Drukon bounded off to the camp where they were holding the captured Drogoths. He tested his new blades on their necks, offering every kill to the Shadow Panther. Drukon felt something change inside him. He was able to sense Dro'oth almost smell him. Drukon and the counsel tracked Dro'oth to a cave east of the settlement. Dro'oth knew he was backed into a corner and surrendered.

Dro'oth faced th councel and claimed he was defending his clans honor for the loss of his son and the disgrace of his clan. The councel ruled that genocide against an entire clan is an act of war not a matter of honor. Dro'oth screamed he was right many years ago when he said the councel favored the T'oth clan. He claimed his trial was unfair and the councel was unfit to rule the tribe. The councel ruled his punishment was up to the disgresion of Drukon. Drukon ordered that all direct blood reletives of Dro'oth be executed and the rest of the Drogoth can be exiled from the tribe. Dro'oth's name was to be cursed and he was to be used as a sacrafice to the Shadow Panther. Dro'oth was taken to Terminus by Drukon and placed on the alter. Drukon cut Dro'oth's wrists and left him to the Shadow Panther to judge his punishment in the afterlife. Drukon took his surviving brother Ukon to Fort Wyandyk in Cyrodil and left him in the care of one of the T'oth branch families.

For many years Drukon stalked the shadows working as a freelance and a political assassin for the Dark Shroud. His name is whispered in the night and cursed by those he chases. He can find his mark from miles away and track them with unnerving speed. He stikes quickly and accuaratly with his daggers. Many don't realize he's killed them untill they drop to the floor, some don't even see themselves pass. It's said Drukon is such a good assassin he can even kill ones soul with his strikes. Some say he's no longer alive but a spectre. Myths aside Drukon has only been seen by one of his victims on a contract in Vvardenfel. Drukon however was caught by the Imperial legion after fullfilling a contract for the shadow councel. He was picked up as a susspected Mythis Dawn assassin but after trying to help the emperor escape the sewers he was cleared of his charges. He is however marked for death by a member of D.U.S.T. DUST is a secret order of high tech operatives under orders from the elder councel specializing in spec ops missions. Their top operative Illkurok is on the trail of Drukon. It is only a matter of time before the two masters of the shadows meet.

A quote once said by Drukon is "I enjoy the thrill of killing, each murder brings me closer to my family."

Edit: I forgot to mention before Drukon left to persue his life as an assassin he was visited by Mephisto a being that feeds of of tragedy and sadness. Mephisto told Drukon that there was a noble in Cyrodil that had helped equip Dro'oth and his army during their slaughter. Whether this was true or just one of Mephisto's attempts to spread discord is still unknown to Drukon but he keeps his ear to the ground just in case.

Wow, Blacksnake that's amazing! The story is very emotional and well thought-out. I love it!

What can I say I'm a writer and a lore freak. I just read it over and found a lot of typoes though lol. I always put a lot of effort into my characters. Idk why but most of my characters end up being dark though. I guess it's because I hate the normal fairy tale happy ending. My idea behind him is this, He is a merciless and blood thirsty killer but bound by a code of honor. Essentially he's lawful evil, He loves to kill, spread fear and discord but he hates watching the powerful bully the weak.

Archived