Aren't you the author of?!

S3cr3t

Hey everyone! Okay, so here's what i'm looking for haha. I'm wanting to create an author type character for Oblivion. I have "The Journal Mod" by Kyoma, which is perfect for this role! However, I was wondering if there is a mod that would let me sell the books, and them circulate around the shops, houses, people, etc... As if I was actually becoming an author. I would love to run around making guides and what not, and see the npc's actually have my books in their homes, shops, etc. It's just a thought :] if anyone knows any information on this that'd be great!

I think the problem with this is, that even if you write a book, as I think how the mod could be made, it will get a random ref name. And so, as it is a random name, you can't refer to it in any script so making it impossible to use, but this may only be my tought. :confused:

Almost any reference can be saved to a variable. And depending on how that journal mod works, you may be able to create copies.

Its the distribution that perplexes me. I cant think of any way to dynamically add books to peoples homes. They could be added to inventories no problem, maybe even read by their owners, but not dynamically placed in homes.

Of course, you dont have to be dynamic if you dont want to. ;)

The only way I can think of to dynamically put them in peoples homes as in on tables, etc, would be to have premade markers in all the places where they could appear and use moveto commands. But it might be complicated to keep track of where stuff has already been placed and whether the player has already picked them up. Otherwise you might end up with stacks of books in the same place. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this done though.

Another angle would be to replace existing books when entering a cell. So, when the player character changes cell, check the cell for any books and replace them with your own based on the mesh filename used for the book(s). That way you know it will fit. You could then do a placeatme and disable the old book.

The only way I can think of to dynamically put them in peoples homes as in on tables, etc, would be to have premade markers in all the places where they could appear and use moveto commands. But it might be complicated to keep track of where stuff has already been placed and whether the player has already picked them up. Otherwise you might end up with stacks of books in the same place. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this done though.

Maybe I'm not quite right with this, but when I said dynamic I meant without pre-made markers. You know, more of a continuum of placements that work with anything, for anyone, any time, anywhere instead of a group of pre-made markers that are either enabled or disabled. Again, sorry if I'm wrong there :\

Another angle would be to replace existing books when entering a cell. So, when the player character changes cell, check the cell for any books and replace them with your own based on the mesh filename used for the book(s). That way you know it will fit. You could then do a placeatme and disable the old book.

I was going to make a suggestion, but I don't think anything I can come up with will top that.

Genius 8)