New Textures Issue

AJStoner

Since KCD 1.4.0 I have had a problem where new texture files have the original texture merge and bleed-through my modded textures. In some cases this doesn’t seem to happen (the mail version of Horse Armor and certain caparisons) but with others, notably waffenrocks, it’s quite pronounced and unavoidable.

In particular, New Skalitz Waffenrock suffers quite badly from this though I notice that folded, shelf versions are colored as intended. Also some other clothing items in this state (hoods mostly) also use its texture in the tailor shops.

Are other people having these kinds of issues and does anyone know how to work around it?

Is it related to the colour values stored in armor.xml (and possibly other equipped item or pickable item entries?)

No, those are just brightness and saturation toggles and are almost all identical between items with a handful of exceptions. Plus they haven't changed from the versions that worked to the newer ones that don't.

It may be a revision to how color, color_hue and color_saturation are handled, even if the values remain the same.

Are all of the affected items different to the 'common' value (a mid-grey) color. Do they have significant offsets to their color_hue value, or very high/low color_saturation compared to the ones where you get the desired result? There might also be location specific shifts resulting from the zone adjustments.

All in armor.xml

It might be worth re-checking one of the 'good' and one of the 'bad' just to ensure that it isn't the cause.

It may be a revision to how color, color_hue and color_saturation are handled, even if the values remain the same.

Are all of the affected items different to the 'common' value (a mid-grey) color. Do they have significant offsets to their color_hue value, or very high/low color_saturation compared to the ones where you get the desired result? There might also be location specific shifts resulting from the zone adjustments.

All in armor.xml

It might be worth re-checking one of the 'good' and one of the 'bad' just to ensure that it isn't the cause.

Hmmm. I don't think I still have any Tables.pak(s) left over from that far back but I likely have some mods archived from back then that likely didn't alter those things. Dark Times stopped getting updated before then in fact. I'll go through its armor.xml and see if there are differences. Thanks.

I mostly meant within 'today's file'. (And a behaviour change within code).

Nearly all of the items share a common mid-gray color value, but there are a variety of others, from paler grays to various blue, green, brown and red shades.

If you see 'correct' behaviour on the gray item, but incorrect on a recoloured item with a variant base color, then adjusting the color value in armor.xml might be a good approach for an experimental 'tweak' to your recoloured item with minimal effort (though it will increase incompatibilities).