Player Character Black Face

dePog

Hey Guys,

Been playing Skyrim for years. I've seen NPC's with black face bug and know how to fix it, but today my main character's face has gone black. Even if I start a new game the player's face is black on both males and females (so it isn't a player skin texture issue), and no matter what race I select.

I have changed nothing in my load order. Yesterday I had no issues, saved game, went to bed. Today I start the game and "hey presto" my characters face is black.

Any ideas?

OK, I think I may have resolved the problem. I have been using Project ENB for many years, but it was specifically tailored to work with the 0.221 version of the d3d9.dll file. I was running it with an updated version (0.291 I think). Reverting to the 0.221 version appears to have stopped the black face issue, but I will not be convinced until I have reinstalled all my previous mod list. Here's hoping ......

EDIT: Black face came back again even after reverting to 0.221

SOLUTION: Finally saw a post on Reddit where they mentioned that someone fixed their black face character by uninstalling Overwolf. So I uninstalled Overwolf and it appears that allows me to start using ENB again. They must play around with the same memory locations or something. Only taken me 5 days to find the answer, lol.

Edited by dePog

• 2 months later...