Oblivion crashing at start - Help Please!

metalmaster96

I recently decided to begin playing Oblivion again. I though that this time around I would look into adding some mods to enhance the game experience for a second time. After some searching I stumbles upon the Oblivion WarCry - New Dimension mod, and instantly fell in love. For the past three days I have been trying to get it to work, but I still do not see any new races when I create a new character.

I asked for help on another site and got told that I needed to install an UOP in order for the new races to work. So I installed this: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=oblivionmods.detail&id=1417

I then installed the Oblivion WarCry - New Dimension mod using Wrye Bash.

However, whenever I now launch Oblivion, the 'Bethesda' cinematic will play for a few seconds and the game will then crash. Or if I press 'escape' and skip the cinematic, the loading bar on the next screen doesn't move at all, then after a few seconds the game will still crash. I copied the following error details from the window that came up when Oblivion crashed:

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
 Application Name:	Oblivion.exe
 Application Version:	1.2.0.416
 Application Timestamp:	462392c7
 Fault Module Name:	Oblivion.exe
 Fault Module Version:	1.2.0.416
 Fault Module Timestamp:	462392c7
 Exception Code:	c0000005
 Exception Offset:	0013162c
 OS Version:	6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
 Locale ID:	3081
 Additional Information 1:	2ccd
 Additional Information 2:	b7a25245ecd6b36b9d66fa98ae9b5ff2
 Additional Information 3:	76df
 Additional Information 4:	28d43f286554e99dc5f4c3e1ba865179

If I choose to de-select/de-activate the Oblivion WarCry - New Dimension data files before I launch Oblivion, the game will run fine. But I need to actually play Oblivion WarCry - New Dimension, so I can't just de-activate it.

Please, does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Many mods require something else to work properly - such as Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) or some other mod installed. Be sure to read ALL of the documentation for the mod to see if it needs something you don't have.

Instant crashing is often because you are missing a master file (esm) for some mod or a utility like OBSE. Note: all esm files MUST be above any esm files in your load order or they crash.