Cannot uninstall Vanilla UI Plus

So, I installed VUI+ to try it out. Decided I didn't like it and uninstalled it. Thing is, it won't go away. Whenever I launch New Vegas, I get the whole "VUI cannot find settings, blah blah blah". I've uninstalled and reinstalled Darn and the Darn Fonts for Dummies. I've uninstalled and reinstalled UIO. I've rebuilt my ini files. I've tried everything except uninstalling the game. I'm using Mod Organizer.

Figured it out. Apparently in VUI+'s readme when it says you have to reinstall all UI mods after uninstallation. It literally means ALL UI mods. Any mod that effects the UI has to be installed. That includes JIP mods and simple mods (like stimpack counter).

Edited by coreypikes

• 2 years later...

So, I installed VUI+ to try it out. Decided I didn't like it and uninstalled it. Thing is, it won't go away. Whenever I launch New Vegas, I get the whole "VUI cannot find settings, blah blah blah". I've uninstalled and reinstalled Darn and the Darn Fonts for Dummies. I've uninstalled and reinstalled UIO. I've rebuilt my ini files. I've tried everything except uninstalling the game. I'm using Mod Organizer.

No, it's not necessary to reinstall all UI mods, unless you tried uninstalling a UI mod (such as VUI+) right after a crash or Alt-F4. The message you've been receiving is a clear sign of this problem. This is explained at my UI mod installation & uninstallation article.

thanks this helped